Ferry from Naples to Sorrento

pkfamily

Hi everyone we have just recieved our trip brochure for the Oriana X913 cruise and wondered has anyone taken the ferry from Naples down to Sorrento?

How long does the trip take some seem to say 90 min?

We would like to travel independantly to get more free time but are aware that in Italy some trips close for a siesta. We need to be leaving Sorrento at around 4-00 to catch the cruise back if it does take 90 min.

Many thanks Paul

Hi Paul

I can’t remember how long the ferry journey was from Naples to Sorrento, but the cost in Aug 2007 was €7.5 a person return.

I’m also on this cruise and am already getting excited.

Enjoy the countdown (73 days :D).

Al

Thanks for your help on this one. Never sure whether to go on arranged ship trip when in Naples!

The times given show a fairly frequent service so we may just travel independently - will have more time in Sorrento this way.

May meet Al on the journey to Sorrento - you never know!

Thanks again

Paul

My husband and I are also on this cruise and are wondering which excursions. We had thought about doing one of the half day ones since we didn't really want to have a whole day. Hadn't even considered the possibility of a ferry from Naples so thanks for the idea.

Come across to the roll call area of the site - it would be good to make touch with others sailing on this cruise. it will be our first one on Oriana since 2000. Very much looking forward to it.

We're also considering a trip to Corinth when we dock at Piraeus. Had booked 'In the footsteps' tour 6 years ago but had to cancel since I was taken ill on board and had to go to Athens hospital instead!! Looking forward to seeing Athens post Olympic games since when we were last there on Aurora in 2003 it was a bit like a building site everywhere.

It is nice to hear from fellow travellers and get a feel for what they are doing. The cruise must be very busy as I spoke to a family who are on a waiting list to do this trip??????????

We were on the Oriana trip last year and really enjoyed the time on board. We like to travel independantly and have already planned to do Athens on the Metro.

I will try the role call section we had not noticed this before thanks for the info.

Paul

Archived