Southbound Radiance questions

morebeaches

For those of you who have done the Southbound Radiance already this year, a couple of questions. Since it is a 9:00 departure, what time is boarding, what time is the Muster Drill and does it effect dinner seating on the first night?

1-If you were on a cruisetour before the cruise; what time did you arrive at the ship?

2-How much time did you have for lunch /shopping in Anchorage before hand?

3-Where were you dropped off for lunch in Anchorage?

Thank you for the information.

I'm leaving on the Radiance in 4 days (May 29). :D I'll be sure to post an answer to the OP's question when I get home.

(Since I'm not doing a cruisetour, I won't be able to answer the questions in the 2nd post.)

• 2 weeks later...

I promised to come back and tell about the muster drill on the Radiance. Since we sailed out of Seward at 9:00, everyone was supposed to be onboard by 8:00. They started boarding in the early afternoon, but most people boarded later in the day. The muster drill was between the 2 dinner seatings. It was around 8:15 which was after the first seating and before the 2nd seating.

The cruise was fantastic!!!!!!

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we enjoyed ours.

For those of you who have done the Southbound Radiance already this year, a couple of questions. Since it is a 9:00 departure, what time is boarding, what time is the Muster Drill and does it effect dinner seating on the first night?

Just returned.

Muster drill at 8:15

dinner first seating 6pm

second seating 9pm

the windjammer was open from Noon to 5pm, and from 6:30 to 9pm.

The seaview cafe was open from 9 to 1am

Thanks for the info ....tell us more tell us more...what nights were the frmal nights etc...what did you see and do??? :D Glad you had a good cruise!

Formal nights were the Hubbard Glacier day and the Icy Straits day. Those nights worked good because we had plenty of time to dress for dinner.

Here's a thread about my experience.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1000816

Archived