138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

We are taking an Eastern Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Solstice. We hit multiple ports in Italy, Greece and Turkey. I can't wait.

WillieT

We spent the winter in Mexico and loved it. Everything was cheap and the people were fantastic. We spent a week in Puerto Vallarta and 2 months in San Miguel.

My DH and I weighed in this morning for our monthly totals. I lost 4 lbs this month and he lost 9.5. I am at my goal weight and he needs to lose another 2 lbs so it looks like we will both be on target when we leave Thusday.

Terri

Terri that's great! I don't get how come men can lose easier then us. And more. Another curse. LOL

I was feeling good that we were down to 2 ears of the "to die for" corn. Until last night when DH's sister showed up with a wonderful surprise....6 ears of 7 Oaks corn! We we're gracious. She did'nt know we had almost finished off the 8 from the week before.LOL Thankfully I've been "glowing" like a pig in this heat, and kept off that 1 precious pound I finally lost.

You right, it's almost August now and all the cruises are getting closer. I am starting to feel the butterflies now. We got our plane tickets Wed.! I was so excited! Final payment on the cruise is due about Aug. 7th, then I just need to reserve hotel and we will be ready!

Have a good Friday, and a great week-end. We're winning the losing battle, keep it up!

Terri, 1st of all that's wonderful about you & your DH. Congrats on achieving your goal! Secondly, I heard that cruise is absolutely gorgeous. We had s couple of good friends of ours did that for their honeymoon and loved it. I want to get to the Mediterranean someday.

Gaye, you and that corn! I don't know what to say. Summer doesn't last forever so it will be gone soon. Are you still putting all your fixin's on it?

I was just going thru this whole thread from the start, what happened to Marcia? She started this? Marcia, if you are still reading this ...come back!!!!

Brenda

Morning ladies. Just posted on another thread. Chris wanted to know if there were scales on board. :eek::eek::eek: I told her NO. Don't even think of it.

Bossy aren't I?

Doing as usual with the diet. Getting there slowly. I would think I would just sweat it off in this heat. LOL Cooler this week, thank goodness.

Scales on the ship? Why the heck would you want that? lol That is probably one thing that I have never thought of. I was on a cruise in Jan. and I have to admit that I only put on like 2lbs. we did a lot of walking at each of the ports, I think the 2lbs was probably all my daquiris & beer. But I still drink a ton of water while on the cruise!

So, for any of you that still do weigh ins on Monday's, I hope you have a much lighter Monday! look forward to hearing about all the lost poundage!! have a good night.

Brenda

Weighed in at 129.6 this AM, down .8 from last week and .4 below goal. Not quite the cushion I wanted but I am happy with results.

We've had a bit of a scare this week. My DH's father was admitted to the hospital Saturday. He fell last week and has been complaining about headaches. An MRI confirmed he had some bleeding in the brain. The bleeding has stopped but he gets confused from time to time. The doctor said that could continue for a few days or even a few weeks. Hopefully he is going to be released today. I'm not sure whether we will be able to go on our trip or not. We are playing it by ear.:(

Terri

Oh Terri that sucks. I am sorry about your FIL. Hopefully he will be feeling better, or have another family member to help him out . You got right down to the wire! My fingers are crossed, crossed again, and double crossed for you.

Terri, that's horrible about your FIL, I will keep good thoughts for him. Not to make light of this but congrats on your weigh in. I hope you can still go on your cruise, but of course family comes first.

Well, I weighed in this a.m. and I was hoping for a "wow" number but I am still happy with what I got. I am down 2.4lbs. I am happy to say that I have passed my 1/2 way point!:p I am hoping to lose 10lbs by my cuise, I have 2 months to the day until I leave. I did some shopping today in my closet in the other room. That is the closet that I havent used in a while and I can get into some more dress pants (for work), it's like I went shopping. I am feeling very good about my progress because I am being told by people that they can tell the difference and getting support from my co-workers when I go to do my walking on lunch. It also helps that my sister is really into exercising, so I go walking with her on the trails on the weekends.

So, another week has begun, I got quite a bit of sun yesterday just sitting on my deck reading the paper and went to do my walking tonight and the sweat was pouring out of me. We are finally getting our summer weather, we should be at 93 by the weekend!:) Have a good week to you all. I look forward to hearing from the rest of you.

Gaye....how are you doing??? Keeping up the good work, right?;)

Oh yes, still at it. I tried to post yesterday, but these boards were being very stubborn. Could'nt even get on.

I lost another pound! Yah for me! What a struggle! Man, I gotta fight for every stinking ounce! This getting old business SUCKS!

I wrote down a number for another job today. The salon where I'am at has almost 0 business. There is an ad on craigslist for a stylist at a huge, very wealthy retirement community here. I love my co-workers and would rather stay there, but zero income is not my cup of tea. Cross those fingers girls! Hopefully it's another new chapter in my life of many chapters. LOL

Sounds like everyone is staying with it, and doing very well. Hooray for YOU. I'm actually having to eat a bit more, to stop losing. If I lose any more I'll have to start over with a new wardrobe! Feeling good here, and cannot wait for another 30 days to zoom by!

Wanted to pass on my happy news -- my FIL was released from the hospital today and is doing much better. His sisters are all pitching in to make sure that he is cared for in our absence so it looks like the cruise is back on! We leave on Thursday. Thanks for all your prayers and positive thoughts

Terri

Gaye, good for you! keep it up and you'll get there. I have all my fingers crossed for you on the job issue. My DH has been out of work for a long time now. He is applying like crazy but nothing. It has to get better.

Terri, great news about your FIL. You can go on your trip and not worry about it. Only a couple days! You have a wonderful trip and safe travels! Come back and talk to us when you get back.

Amy, you need to eat???? Good for you!!! 30 days will fly by!!

Brenda

I decided to go do some shopping last night and hope to get some good sales on the summer clothes and get a new bathing suit. I didn't get the suit, all that were left were size small's. But I did pick up some shorts, skorts, and shirts for some really good prices. Why is it that in the dressing rooms, the lighting and the mirrors make you look horrible. I tell you some of the outfits I picked out I thought would look good but got in there and OMG! How I thought I was going to look slimming in that.:o

They need to do something about that, nothing ever looks good there. I hope you are all having a good week, you friends on the west coast are sending your heat to us! Going to be in the high 90's over the weekend.

Tomorrow is Friday!!!! Woo Hoo!

brenda

Feeling much better today. Had a cruddy week. I hate, hate, hate being sick! Glad it's over.

I have'nt weighted for a while. Feel like I should have lost 10 pounds, I was coughing so hard. LOL No such luck. If a person has to be sick, it should count for something!

THE CORN IS GONE! Thank goodness. And I have had my fill anyway. Except for that, I've stuck pretty close to what I am supposed to do. Not drinking the water like I need to I know. That's always a problem. But my clothes are fitting better, so something is happening somewhere.

You all are doing so great. We all are really. I can see it now.....we will be the ones on all the new cruise brochures! HA HA HA Forty years ago maybe. Not.

Cooling trend here, down in the 70's and 80's. Just a lull, our summer will heat up again before we know it.:cool:

Have a good Friday everyone. Kareoke at the bar tonight. I have friends coming, so will go watch them. I'll just hum.

Alright, where did everyone go? It must have been a very busy week-end!

I had such a nice one. Home on Sat. busy in yard and house, but the weather was perfect. Went to dinner that night, had Mexican, but did not eat the beans or rice, just the shrimp and veggies. (with cheese on it:()

Shopping yesterday, had half a turkey sandwich with salad, and for dinner, and small piece of steak and salad. Fun is over now, back to the nutrasystem today.

I am lonely here

I'm still here. But, you all aren't going to want to read my weight loss news. I keep losing! I'm starting to worry about my thyroid levels but was just tested three months ago. I'll wait til I get back from my cruise and if it keeps going like this, will definitely get in to see my endo.

See my weight loss ticker below? I ran right off the end!

I'm still hear too!! It was a little hectic of a weekend. It was sooo hot here this weekend and the humidity was unbarable. First, Gaye glad you're feeling better, I have been there latley! Amy, congrats! Maybe you do need to get that checked, just to be safe you know?

Well, I did 1.9lbs this week. I was happy with that, i'm thinking at this point I am probably going to slow way down. But as long as I am still losing. I was out for a friends b-day on Friday and of course my friends all wanted mexican food! I only ate 1/2 of my order and brought it home to my DH. I did however have quite a bit of chips! (my weakness) Sat. I was at my nephews graduation party and I drank more then I ate. :-( but I wasnt feeling too good the next day so I didnt eat too much. So I guess all in all we are doing wonderful! I want to get down another 10lbs by my sailing date, I think I can do this but it may be a little hard.

keep up the good work!

Brenda

You know Amy, it's girls like you who give the rest of us a bad name. LOL I guess I would be worried too, eventually. But I would sure enjoy auto weight loss for a while first before the Dr. But your right, we all know it's not right when it just keeps dropping.

Brenda, I stil have that same 20 lbs. to go, and we sail in about 76 days! I realize it is possiable, and not likely to happen for me. Glad now I've been buying more sun dresses. LOL I won't give up, cruise or not, I want it off, but sure having a lot of trouble with this last 20.

Gaye, good don't give up! I am saying 10lbs by cruise time but I hope to reach my complete goal by the end of the year. I have been walking during my lunch but have not done any after work since Friday. I am in a bit of a rut with that but I am going to do my best to get back to it tomorrow. I bought a couple of things last week that I wouldnt have before so we are definitely seeing changes in ourselves!!!!!!

This weekend we are heading north to Milwaukee for their Irish Fest, we go every year and it's right on Lake Michigan and its a lot of fun. But, there will be drinking and not the best of eating I'm sure. One good thing is there will be a lot of walking. Hope the others are still sticking to this eventhough they have left our group.

Brenda

Oh gosh Brenda. Your right, all to Mexico. And I do love it, but mainly it's because of the price and conveinance. Flight out of Medford are higher then every where else on the west coast. Don't ask me why. So being able to afford the air is one thing. And it's only 2 hours to get to a port, L.A. or San Diego. The thought of being in a plane for 5 or 6 hours just about does me in. I hate, hate, hate to fly. But love to cruise. It's about a 13 hour drive to L.A., and more to San Diego, so I do bite the bullet, and a happy pill, to fly that far. If I took a stronger pill I guess I could make it to Florida or Texas so I could go to the Carib. I do want to. The pictures I see are exactly what I think a vacation spot should look like. Until we decide to go there, Mexico is close, cheap and way warmer then Oregon in the fall. WE are such "rut" people I think. If it's not broken, don't fix it. LOL

I'm still around but I haven't been posting because I haven't lost anything in weeks and you all have been doing so wonderfully.

I sat down and had a stern talk with myself about whether I was going to get back on track or if I needed a swift kick in the butt to motivate me.

I had to go back on the "if it isn't there you can't eat it" plan because my willpower was non-existent.

Since my little "talk" I've lost a pound and I think I'm back in the right mind-frame for this.

Wow Amy. I can't even pronounce those words, let alone spell them. Hope all your tests come out perfect.

Barb, I'am in the same boat as you. No lose for about 5 or 6 weeks. My fault of course. When the weather turned hot, I quit moving, but the food intake stayed the same. Plus I've still been watching my portions, but the choices are bad. I also had the talk with myself. I have spent way too much time and money on this to not be more serious about it. Ok, as of right now, I will quit goofing off about food, get on track and start losing again. (I kicked my ass a little just now,sorry, no picture)

Archived