138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

Gayle, size 8 is fantastic! Of course, that's the size I wear. hee hee

Sadly, we let our Maggie girl go yesterday afternoon. It was time. I know this pain will get better, but right now it hurts so damn bad.

Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Maggie...It is so hard to lose a family pet. They know how to tug at your heart stings. We still miss our Tazzycat after two years. Sometimes I want to adopt a new cat but then I say no. I don't want to get attatched to another one yet. It does get better.

So sorry Amy. Since I've been with Bill, 10 looooong years, it's the first time in my life I've not had a dog. Many reasons, but partly because he lost a good dog years ago, and won't go through that again. What a hard thing we have to do. Make that decision.

Your a size 8 too? Sounds perfect huh? But I'am only 5 feet tall! Still kinda round and lumpy. Can I say fluffy? LOL Whatever, I cruise in 17 days! Fluffy, lumpy, round or skinny, you can't beat that!

Perfect B-day gift to yourself! Book it. I had my B-day on a cruise 2 years ago. That was fun. This year I'll turn 60 :eek::eek::mad::( 2 weeks after we get back. Thats hard for me to say, let alone type!!! Iam one of those weird people that would do it again if that's the only way I could live longer. I really, really am not dealing with the whole aging thing well. Just when a person feels like they might finally have it right.....it's over!! What the ????

Hey, I just figure getting older is better than the alternative, right? Wow, two weeks til you leave, that's so exciting! I'm so ready to just get back on a ship and let that marvelous crew pamper me silly! Oh dear, I've only been back 3-1/2 weeks!

I'm Back!!!!! Got in last night and had a fabulous time. So good of a time that I put on almost 5lbs!!!!! Thats ok, though I will get that back off. Its so hard to be back home, we went from 90's to 40's....bbrrrrr!!!:eek:

Gaye your trip is coming fast now!!

Amy, so sorry about Maggie. I know how you feel. We love to have our pets but its so hard that they can't be with us forever.

Yes, 2 weeks from today I'll be on that ship. Can not wait. So you both had a wonderful time. Perfect. And who cares if you gain a few pounds, it's a cruise! If I could I would take you both with me. And we would not diet all week! LOL

I know you just have to have a good time on your cruise. I got back into my routine today, walked and eating better again:). I started looking at cruise prices last night!!!!! I want to go back:p. I have a credit on Princess and need to book something by March or we lose it and its a nice credit. Gaye, when you get back we can all exchange emails so we can keep in touch without the whole world reading our messages.

Oh yes, what a good idea. Sometimes my big old mouth just gets going and does'nt know when to stop.:p

I get soo excited about going on a cruise, my stomach gets queasy. I found out this is good! Been having a nice little weight decline the past week. I've been playing back and forth with an additional 2 pounds. And I always eat less when I travel. I'am always surprised when people I travel with say they are hungry. It seems like I just ate! I love the food on a ship, and enjoy dinners in the fancy dining room, but for me...it's being on the ship itself that does it. The food is like a bonus. LOL And I am one of those "go go go" people. I'll sleep at home! So usually I lose a pound or two on vacations.

Sorta packed. I have things in like underwear and capris, things that aren't on hangers. Shirts and dresses I'll pack next Sat. But the pile of just "stuff" by the suitcases is growing.

I've had several people mention lately that I look like I'am losing weight. Duh! Over 20 lbs and no one notices! Then just that extra 3 or 4 and it starts to show. LOL This has been the most gradual weight loss ever for me, guess thats why. Still have 16 to go, at this rate it will be a year before I get there. But in the past, weight drop usually was linked with some sort of divorce papers. LOL Hey, it was a win-win. Weight loss, and dead weight loss.

Amy, keep up the maintnance.

Hi All

It's been a while since I've been on these boards but I've let a few pounds creep back so I thought I better get cracking again.

I hit my goal weight in August before our cruise. I gained 4 lbs on my cruise but lost it in the two weeks after we got back. I kinda slacked off on my eating habits and have gained 3 lbs -- not a killer but I know how easily 3 can turn into 10.

I bought a Wii and have been working out an hour/day with Wii Fit and Active. Truthfully, I don't feel like I am getting much of a workout with the Wii Fit but the 30 day challenge on the Active game is pretty tough.

We are planning to spend January & February in Florida and would like to lose 8 lbs before the end of the year. That would put me at 125 which is lower than I have been for many years! Your support helped me hit my 130 goal. Now I need for you to hold me accountable for my new goal!

Terri

Hi Ladies,

I'm still here as well. Gaye, better to take it off slowly then not at all, right? Youre doing good and keep it up. I think youre lucky that you werent sailing this week, that weather off the coast of Mexico isnt too good. My co-worker was supposed to sail yesterday out of L.A. to do the Mexican Riviera but not sure with that hurricane whats going on. It will be all cleared up for when you go.

Terri, I am the same. met my goal before the cruise, gained almost 5lbs on the cruise, have taken a couple off since I'm back but slacked off this weekend. I still want to take 10lbs off by the New year so I will get back into my groove this week.

I would like to keep in touch with all of you when all the sailings are done with. You all have kept me motivated and helped me a lot throughout the past few months.

Morning girls. Terri, we have a Wii Fit, but the TV's always on when I get home, so haven't used it. But I have heard it's a good work out.

Totally blew it yesterday. Big B-day for a friend. Potato salads, pasta salads, cake. Later, beer, Margaritas, Mexican food. What am I doing? I leave in a week? Ok, I'll put in behind me (ya right, it always goes on my behind) and do better all this week.

OMG Gaye, only five days for you. I bet you are sooooooo excited you are just burning off the calories, right? How about we do this.... I can create a private Yahoo group that we can join to stay in touch. I thought about a new thread here, but it's hard to keep it on the front page sometimes.

That sound great to me, whatever it means. You just tell me what to do and I'll do it. I do not understand so much about cyber stuff.

And yes, the excitment level is way high. I think my body is in constant vibrate mode all the time now. LOL And the head is whirling too. "Don't forget this...or that"

Work is picking up too, so all and all, it's good for not eating!

Today's my weigh day and am happy to report I lost 1.4 lbs this week. Not sure how. I didn't work out that much and we ate out a couple of times. I'm not complaining but it seems weird. I'll probably pay for it next week.

My original goal was 125. I am starting to rethink that as I tried on my last skinny pants yesterday and they fit. I am afraid if I lose 7 more lbs, none of my clothes will fit. I'm a size 8 now. My current plan is to lose 2 lbs and firm up more.

Terri

Gaye.....I am soooo jealous! I know I am back only 2 weeks but it doesnt even feel like I went. I know you must be very, very excited.

I am all for the private account. I would like to stay in touch. Let me know as well and we can switch over to that.

Terri, that is absolutely wonderful!!!! I didnt weigh this week, I think I am afraid to do it.:eek: I did some walking this week and my eating wasnt too bad but could have been better. It started raining yesterday and its not suppose to stop until Mon or Tues, its cold and miserable and I dont feel like doing much. But I need to.

Gaye, if I dont talk to you, please have a fabulous time!! Safe travels and eat what you want.:p

Brenda

Thanks for the send off. Yep, this is my last post till next month. (love the way that sounds) I'll tell you all about it when I get back.

Terri, I'am happy for you! Wish I could say the same. LOL

I know about getting lazy in bad weather Brenda. I do not do cold, period. If it's yucky out, I am in the house. The sun will come out tomorrow.....la la la.

By friends!

Not sure how often anybody is checking this or if you are at all anymore. I think Im in a rut! This weather is horrible and I cant get out after work to do my walking. I am still doing it on my lunch break but I dont feel its enough. I am going to have to start exercising in the house. How is everyone else....anyone else???

Brenda

Wow! I was amazed when I saw this board! I have been on another board since last month. Actually it's a roll call board. We are sailing Feb 13, 2010. I have been on 4 cruises total. Every time I look at all my cruise photos, it sickens me. So, I wanted to make a change this year! I quit smoking May 19th of this year. I have also lost a total of 51 lbs this year as well. I am 199 lbs. right now. I have 49 lbs. to go! I need encouragement because I have practically begged others to do this with me. They keep saying they will, but they never do. You guys seem so energetic like me. I could really use the motivation from time to time. I already feel so much better, I eat healthy and exercise daily. Trust me...I don't think there is ANYONE that could eat as much as me! I was a hog! I have 3 1/2 months until my cruise. I want to wear that "little black dress" on formal night! Thank you guys for creating this board, I am really looking forward to chatting with all of you!

SHARON

Sharon

Just take it one step at a time and don't get down on yourself when you don't do as well as you would like.

Weighed in this week 2 lbs heavier than last -- ugh! I thought my 1.5 lb loss from the week before was too good to be true. For some reason I have been retaining a lot of fluid, especially in my ankles.

Next week is probably not going to be a good one for me. We are heading for the mountains tomorrow at a small inn that includes meals. It is a birthday getaway for my husband. We plan to do some hiking but probably not enough to offset the great food and wine

Oh well, there's always another day!

Terri

Terri,

Gosh I know what you mean! I work so hard everyday to be healthy and lose weight! A few weeks ago I was staying the same weight for almost 3 weeks! It was exhausting! But, I just kept saying to myself that I was gaining muscle weight, and I was. Also, I had to change my workout routines somewhat. Hope you had a great day in the mountains!

SHARON

Welcome Sharon,

U have come to the right thread! We have been through ups & downs together since July 1st! Most of us have left and have never returned but the few of us that are left are the true motivators. I came back from my cruise but I am not done with my goal. These ladies have helped me more then I could have thought. I am down to 12lbs to lose and boy has it become vwery hard for some reason. My cruise was a great excuse and I did lose 25lbs for it but added a couple since being back and as I stated I am in a rut!

You can reach your goal, you may have weeks where you feel as if you havent accomplished anything because the scale doesnt show it but if you have it in your head that you want and will do this you will succeed:D

Looking forward to helping you and being here for you! You can do it....

Brenda

Archived