138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

I'm still here too! Life has been WAAAYYYY busy lately but I do read the posts. I do have some exciting news though. Not only am I maintaining a great weight for me, but I have a new exercise buddy. We adopted a gorgeous golden retriever on Saturday and once he heals up from his neutering last week, he's going to need lots of walking. I also intend to get him into obedience class (he's nearly perfect now, but I don't want him to lose what he has learned) and then agility. I'm going to need to get into shape to keep up with Cooper!

Aww Amy, he's beautiful. I love big dogs. We have a Mastiff/Rottie cross right now and our last dog was a Rottie.

I'm still here but feeling defeated. I've been working out pretty hard (up'd my 2x30 minutes of cardio to 2x30 + 30 minutes of muscle conditioning) but I love to eat too much!

We sail in two weeks. If I can lose 10 more pounds by then (oh boy!), I will only be 10 pounds behind my goal. Not so bad really. I am pretty proud of myself, just wish I had more willpower.

I'am baaaaaack! Oh man, and I'am jealous already! You all still have a cruise in the future, and mine is over!

Welcome Sharon. These are the bestest girls ever! Really supportive. Good grief, you've lost 53 pounds?!!! Thats major! The rest of it should be a piece of cake.....er uh, carrot!

I stayed the same. WHen I travel I kinda lose my appetite, so food was not really the problem, it was the beer.:o Yep, I think I drank everyones share of beer, Margaritas and DOD's. But I did have fun!

Now back on track, I still have that same old 20 or so that's been hanging on forever.

My house is rockin and rollin. WooHoo!

Welcome home! Did you have a super fantastic time? I figure my next cruise, at the earliest, is 3 years away. :mad:

But, I have motivation to keep maintaining my weight. My 40th high school reunion is next Fall and I WILL knock their socks off. Especially since I was a gawky misfit way back then. I think about it now, and if I had realized that my size and weight back then was just fine (140 pounds at 5'9") my self image and confidence might have been totally different than it was.

First of all Amy.....Cooper is adorable! How old is he? He will definitely keep you moving.

Gaye.....welcome home! I know it stiks doesnt it. Glad to hear you had a great time. Well, as we said these cruises were just an excuse to get us going, right? We will stick to it! You have 20 to go, I have 13 more. I cant shed these 3lbs from my cruise. But I will, I know I will.

2 weeks until you sail, you can take off some more in that time. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Sharon....53lbs!!!! Way to go. How long did it take you to reach that goal? As Gaye said the rest will come off just as easy:D

I have been looking at cruises still! Its been almost a month since I went and Im going thru withdrawls! The weather is colder & with the time change its dark at like 4:30pm. I am looking to book a cruise for Sept. or Oct. of next year. But we'll see what happens.

Brenda

Oh ya, now the withdrawls start. But just window shopping for a cruise is fun too. sorta.

A new puppy! He looks like a junior puppy. Have you done obediance and agility before? I used to years ago. Not agility, it was'nt around then, but obediance and conformation.

Where the heck is Apple Valley? Is it close enough to Ore. you may compete here some day? I'll bet doing all that running around will keep you in tip top shape.

Back to work today, sure hope there is something to do there, and I don't get bored and start snacking.

Cooper is reported to be 1-1/2 years old. He's a BIG boy, but with a lot of filling out to do. He's very thin (hmmm, wonder how he does that?). He goes to the vet today for a checkup and hopefully to get the okay to run and play. He was just neutered a week ago.

We got him from a rescue group - same place we got Abby more than 11 years ago. Someone actually gave this guy up because they were moving. Uh huh, can't take a dog with you when you move I guess. His basic obedience is phenomenal, I've never had a dog this solid. I did some agility with Abby when she was young, but she really hates going anywhere in the car, and isn't great with other dogs so......

Apple Valley is about 90 miles Northeast of Los Angeles, on the way to Las Vegas. As for visiting Oregon, we may actually move there when we retire, in about five years. The northeastern part of OR is on our short list as the climate is similar to here.

Hmmmm, I've lived my whole life in Ore., and I've never been to any part that has a climate like SoCal. At least not in winter. LOL, if it's true, let me know, I'll be the first to ditch this place and go where it's warm all year.

I so agree about giving up an animal because of moving. I read Craigslist all the time, and can not believe how many people just throw away their animals. I better get off this subject, I feel a soap box moment coming on.

Another day, another calorie count. sigh

Funny you should mention Craigslist, as Cooper was listed there first. Someone saw the ad and put the owners in touch with rescue. Thank Dog!

We live in the high desert in CA. We're at about 3200 feet and get snow most winters. Not much, and it doesn't last, but enough to be fun. The northeast corner or Oregon, around Pendleton, is also a high desert. It's a bit colder than here, but not like Idaho, Montana cold.

Oh Ok, gotcha. When I think SoCal I just think warm all the time. I forget the high desert areas. I guess Eastern Ore. would be about the same. I have lived in Idaho and Nevada, both for very short periods of time. Cold! And visited Mont. in the winter. Again, cold! There is just no freaking way I could live in the cold anymore. It's too cold HERE for me! LOL

Doing pretty much Ok with the whole food fight. Oh ya, almost forgot, made a sandwich for work yesterday with diet bread, low fat mayo, and a little meat, good choices, but then got going on a bag of Chili Cheese Fritos. "Bet ya can't eat just one" does not apply to only potato chips! Sorry after, but heaven at the time.

My portion control has been working real good lately though. Except for the Frito splurge. Lots of Holiday parties coming!:eek::eek:

Hello Ladies,

Well, good news, I am back into my routine!!! I did my walking at lunch and after work tonight. My husband didnt care for me going after work because it's dark, I told him its going to be like this until March so I went anyway. You know he could have come with but of course not.

I have always lived in Chicago so we have some pretty cold winters with a lot of snow. We're suppose to have a mild winter this year but we'll see. We have been in the mid 60's the last few days which has been very nice.

Gaye, Chili Cheese Frito's....I love them!!!!! Good to hear your sticking to the portions though. Bad time of year is coming....good food with the holidays, cold weather so you don't want to do anything outside. So we have our work cut out for us and we will prevail!!!!!!

I wont comment either on the animal issue.:mad: I have 2 rescue cats myself and do a lot of volunteer work for P.A.W.S. On a happy note look in our group we have saved a few animals that who knows where they'd be without us:D

Must be the day to start walking again. I have a new coworker who wants to walk every day AND can keep up with me. We took 15 minutes this morning and again this afternoon. We will probably start doing our walks at lunch to get a longer walk in. Does that cancel out two slices of pizza for dinner?

I walked from my car into the house. Does that count? If it's below about 60, I'am not playing outside. Such a wimp. The excercise bike is still in the living room. Guess I'll have to jump on that. It's only 3 or 4 months since I have.

Bill made a chocolate pie. Sometimes I so hate him. Yes, I'm having some, but small portion. Still....

Keep telling me how active you all are! Maybe it will quilt me into action.

Amy, I guess eating 2 slices of pizza with some exercising is better then none at all, right?? Thats good that you have somebody to walk with. I go by myself, I put my IPod on and head out.

Gaye, I guess you will have to get your tail back on that bike! I dont mind walking when its cool out, its actually very refreshing and it does wonders for my mood.

I am going to get back on the scale on Monday :eek: I am going to be positive though, no bad carma....I will lose weight this week! Sharon, Im not usually nuts like this, I do talk to myself a lot though ;)

Keep up the good work....Gaye get back to it, you are on your way to reaching your goal and you can do it. Sharon, you have accomplished so much already that you can see the finish line in the near distance...you can do this.

Have a good evening....

Brenda

Good morning girls. Cold wet and dismal here in Ore. all week. Comfort food is calling me. I answer a little, but I am really into the portion control now. Winter is such a hard time for me. I tend to hibernate. No ambition at all. None. Just bidding my time till Spring. So if I don't want to gain, I'll have to really cut back on calories.

My son is on leave from Iraq for Thanksgiving. Very exciting. He's working his way home now. Hopes to be here Sun. or Mon. His wife and kids are totally wired! (in a good way)

I certainly will tell him Thank You. His wife called last night. His plane gets in here at 8:15 Sun. evening. I'll bet there will be a big crowd.

I know some people just can't take the summer. I love it. I snowed a little here yesterday, did'nt stick though. I pouted the rest of the day.:( Winter is really here.

I got a new computer for my B-day. Now for the hard part. Trying to learn how to use it. I can't figure out so many things on this new one. Even the simplest tasks. Where the heck is the button for "favorites"? I wanted a new one, but I want it to be just like the old one. LOL

Hello all,

Gaye, thats wonderful news about your son...as everyone else give him our warmest regards. I can imagine how excited you all must be.

We are having our Indian summer like a month late so we are having beautiful weather this passed few days, its been gorgeous. I am the same way when it comes to the winter, its very easy to get used to all that comfort food again. We'll just have to figure something out this time around, right?

Brenda

I am excited. He's only been gone since June, and so far only on a base at a desk job. He hates that part. LOL His DW and I love it.

Well, still fighting with this computer. I think I need to get one of my more tech smart friends over here....soon, before I hurt this thing.

Went out to Italian last night. I came this close to having the Fetticini Alfredo, but at the last second I went for the salad. Oh yes, large plate of greens etc., but with bacon, avacado and shrimp. And Ranch, let's not forget the Ranch. But I did only eat about 1/3 of it. Can't wait for lunch today! Not the best, but by far not the worst I could have done. Did I mention we ordered fried zuccini as an appatizer? No? And that they brought baskets of garlic bread? No wonder I could only eat a small portion of the leafy green stuff. If you fill up on fried food and bread first, then you only eat a small portion of "dinner"! Oh well, screw it. We used to go out to dinner every Sat. night. Now it's just every 4 or 5 weeks, so I guess I can live with a pigging out every once in a while. I think I am holding pretty steady. I know the Holidays are coming, so I'll try harder during the regular days, but I doubt I'll lose till after the new year.

Archived