138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

Good heavens, I was beginning to think everyone got skinny and hit the road. I am happy someones here Brenda. It's a lonely road alone. LOL

Your right, waaaay too much good food around right now. And what with dinners and parties, I was feeling about 10 pounds up. So I bit the bullet and jumped on the scale, (more like slowly eased myself on it, with my eyes almost shut) and.....only 2 pounds up! Nobody wants to gain, but I was so thankful it was'nt more. A few more parties and dinners coming up, and then it's back to it for me.

Sounds like you had a good holiday season.

Hi all, I'm still around too! I'm up about 3 pounds from holiday indulgences. But, I'm actually tired of eating badly, and have started back on my healthier diet. I also am taking Cooper for a walk every morning (brrrrrrr) and that's good for us both. Young active dog like that needs more exercise than he can get at home.

Good thing the holidays are over! Up a few pounds, so hit the store today for some better food. Looking forward to shedding the new pounds and getting rid of the pesky 20 I ignored before. LOL I need another cruise to motivate me!

Happy New Year!!!

here's hoping that 2010 is very good to us all. I decided to get on the scale myself the other day and I was up 3lbs which I guess isnt too bad considering. The new year started and I said there is no sense in getting back into my groove until Monday. So, tomorrow we will be back on schedule. I feel the same way about eating badly, I think I have had enough. We have family visiting from England and they start going home on Tues but the rest on Thursday so I will be back to not eating out, drinking (well as much), etc by next weekend.

Gaye, booking a cruise is a HUGE for motivation. I was looking the other day at some prices. Well, we still have each other so we will all get back on track. I look forward to hearing about all our accomplishments again.

Enjoy the last of evening of the holiday break :-)

brenda

Well Brenda, we're back at it. It's never ending! I went shopping and started yesterday. It's hard on a Sunday when I've been eating everything for about a month! But I did OK I think. Back to work today. Maybe a regular routine will make it easier. I am not spending the money for Nutrisystem again. I still have a lot of it, and just bought "Lean Cuisine" or whatever it was. Checked the counts on all of them and picked the best. I bought enough for a week of lunches to start. And some low fat string cheese, whole wheat wraps, the usual.

We're looking at cruises too. Maybe the Triumph out of New Orleans!

Well, I officially got on the scale a moment ago and I am back on my routine for sure. For the holidays I put on 3lbs and add that to the 3lbs that I didnt lose after the cruise.....ugh! So, I will weigh myself as before and my new goal is 15lbs but not sure by what date Im giving myself. And so it begins again!!! We can do this, it was done before:D

Brenda

I once heard a lady tell her husband "I know you can quit drinking, I've seen you do it a hundred times". Funny story, but it applies to me sorta. Been dieting my whole life. And now that I'am 60 (whine, pout) it's going to have to be an everyday thing. What can I say? I like to eat, and if given a choice, I'll take the chili cheese fries over broccoli any day. It's like a drug. Just say NO to Doritoes!! So, another day, another food fight. I don't always win the battles, but I can win the war.

The northwest had the bad cold a few weeks ago. Thought I was going to freeze to death. Not a lot of snow right where I'am at. Not very often anyway. I live in a valley. And it's had to not do carbs when your cold! Pasta, potatoes etc. We are going through a little warm spell right now, but it won't last. Hang in there.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. We didnt get all the snow they were expecting. Now we just had the very low temps. I didnt go out at all yesterday and only to the store today. I am getting back to the eating routine, I was hoping to go walking today but it was 11 degrees and 1 with the wind. so, its suppose to get warmer this week atleast to 30 so that will be much better. Has everyone noticed all the advertising for all the weightloss things on tv now that everyones New Years resolutions are kicking in? I hope you have a good week, I will brave the scale on Tuesday morning to see what I'm doing. Talkt to ya soon.

Brenda

I'm hanging in, but barely. I am below the Oh Crap mark on the scale, but again, barely. My saving grace is a young dog who destroys the backyard while we're at work if I don't get him out for some exercise in the mornings. So, he wins, I win, the yard wins! He's not bad, but had torn up the outside dog beds, dug a few holes, and ripped some branches off some bushes.

It's hard to get bundled up and get out there, and I really resent just how good I feel when I do! :p

Well girls, I saw something really hopeful this week -end, weather wise. There are Daffodil shoots about 4" high around here. We are so not done with winter (Ican't be fooled!) This happens sometimes. But it did give me hope! A little light at the end of one long dark cold tunnel.

Still trying to eat better, but you know, it's dreary out, drizzly, dark, boring.Not doing as well as I should. Give me sun! Plus I think we have a narrowed down our next cruise! If all goes well....New Orleans here we come! (OK, not till Sept. but still...)

Well, I braved the temps today and went for my walk on lunch. It may actually be better because I did it a minute faster then I normally do. I did not go this evening though, it was a little too cold for me. Glad the puppy is still keeping you active. That is a big help I'm sure to get you out of the house. Gaye, we or I should say I have an eye on a cruise as well. This one isnt going until the end of October but I may book it by the end of the month. We'll see how it goes tomorrow :eek: on my scale, hopefully it doesnt yell at me to get off it!!!!

Brenda

Now Brenda, don't worry, I heard my scale crying a little the other day. Do not be sucked in by this, THEY ARE THE ENEMY! Oh wait....sometimes, maybe once or twice a year they are our best friends. Now I'am confused.

Hang on girls, spring is on the way and we will all be outside once again.

Good evening ladies.....well my scale didn't yell at me to get off it, I do believe I heard it make a little grunt though. I am pleased that I didn't gain anything this week, I lost just over 1/2lb. I can't complain since I'm not doing nearly the same in the way of exercising as I was. I did go for my walk again on my lunch today so I will keep it up. I'm sitting here watching the Biggest Loser, this is the only "reality" show that I will watch. I have watched it every season, its very good reality check. If they could do it, we can , right? I came across this article and thought of our little group. Keep up the good work :)

Brenda

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/5-tips-to-avoid-winter-weight-gain

Fortunately I have a coworker buddy who desperately wants to lose 50-60 pounds so we walk every morning at break, and again most afternoons. We have 15 minutes and do a mile each time.

My next cruise is no sooner than 2012 :mad: but I have a 40th high school reunion in October that I'm hoping will work a little magic to keep me going. Actually,you never know when my mom and I might decide a cruise is in order, might be this year!

Amy, that's great you have a walking buddy at work. I have gone everyday this week so far and my only buddy is my Ipod. But my co-workers have been very encouraging as well, that does help. We almost hit 40 degrees today so it was like a heatwave. I am hoping to go on a cruise this year but it depends, my husband is still out or work. The only reason I am thinking of booking is because that credit I have on Princess.

So, another weekend is coming and we need to all get out of the "winter funk" mood, right Gaye??

Brenda

Yep, food funk for a fact. Bored at work, bored at home. Co-worker peer preasure at work too. Getting fat again! COME! ON! SPRING! Theres always so much to do outside, and places to go, people to see! So....going to the movies tomorrow to see Avatar. Tried last week and it was sold out, so this time we have advance tickets, hee hee. Theres not a chance in hell I'll go and not have popcorn. Haven't been to a real movie in about 2 or 3 years. I'am starting to love that song "Fat bottom girls". LOL

I hope your weekends were good and productive ;). I didn't do much this weekend but did go out for lunch on Saturday and had only 1/2 my burger. I went for a nice run/walk yesterday and did some exercising in the house. Did my walking today at lunch and am back to my normal water intake. Hopefully, I will more lost tomorrow then last week. :eek:

brenda

Not a good weekend, up over a pound. UGH. It's rained and rained and rained so no walking. Today the plumber and chimmney sweep are coming then off to the bloodbank. Tomorrow, doctor's appt in the a.m. so maybe can walk in the afternoon. Oh, right, more rain.

I have seen on the news about all the rain hitting California and that they were worried of mudslides? Is that anywhere near you? We had a very nice day here, sunny and mid 30's. We will be getting your rain this weekend so I guess I wont be doing much outside. I hope your dr. visit is routine and nothing serious.

I have heard that Avatar is a great movie. We will have to go see it ine of these days.

I weighed myself this morning and happy to say down 1lb. boy it is sooo much harder this time of year for me. When we started our group back in June after 2 weeks I had lost 5.1lbs. But I am ok with 1.6 for these 2 weeks. It will happen, I know it will :p

Hope you both continue to do well. Have a good rest of the week.

Brenda

I've had a pretty successful few days. I doubt I've lost, but by golly I have'nt gained either. Getting pretty close to booking another cruise, plus summer coming (yahoo!), so I know I'll get more serious now.

Have a wonderful week end.

Archived