138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

I almost bought that book. Now I will for sure.
It's not too early to pack. I would a little if I had any room. Still waiting for a borrower to return my clothes from last Nov.! She keeps "forgetting". Hmmmm. Time to get pushy I think.

Good morning ladies. Just checking in. Same old thing weight wise. Still waiting for some good weather to get outside and burn off a million calories. LOL I try to eat right, and mostly I do, but almost think at 60, this might be my weight from now on. or not, we'll see.

[COLOR=blue]Hello,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Now Gaye, you can't think that way. Being 60 has nothing to do with it. Grant it maybe you don't feel as if you have as much energy as you used to but that can change. If you want to check out that myfitnesspal.com it is very interesting and helpful. A lot of info about different exercises, nutrition, etc just a thought. There is a wide age range on there as well. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Well, I have completely stopped losing but Im not gaining. :confused: I have been at 133.8lbs for like 2.5 weeks now. I was eating pretty much the same thing for breakfast & lunch so I changed that up a little to see if that helps. The weather has been good so I am getting my evening walks in now too :D. I am off in a little while to go for a walk, it was raining this a.m. but I think its stopped now. We are supposed to hit 70 by Wed and 74 for Thurs!!!!!! I plan to do a lot of yard work next weekend to get a little head start. I have family arriving from London on April 5th for 10 days so I'm sure we'll be eating/drinking out alot. So, Gaye stay positive, the nicer weather will help your mood/outlook too;).[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Enjoy your Sunday.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Brenda[/COLOR]

Thanks for the pep talk. I know I'am not totally over the hill yet, just had a discouraging moment. I think I'll walk the field with Bill today.
Our weather yesterday was perfect! We had company over for BBQ. The whole next week looks cold and rainy though. Good reading weather.
Have company sounds fun. For 10 though....hope you have a big house. LOL Ours is so small just a few days is plenty.
Enjoy today.

Okay, today is THE DAY To get myself back on track. I'm about 6 pounds over where I want to be and I have until August to lose it. The mind knows that, the appetite, not so much. At least I do my walk with my personal trainer at least 6 days a week.

Gaye....did you go walk????

Amy....how many personal trainers do you know that love to walk as much as you do and looks forward to it everyday? 6lbs by August, no problem you can do it easily.

Well, I am supposed to weigh in tomorrow a.m. but I think whats the point, its not moving. I have added to my squat reps and I can sure feel it in my knees. If I could get rid of my kangaroo pouch and slim down my thighs a little I would be A-OK! I definitely feel 100% better about myself then when we all first started in the summer but I seen a few photos of me from my nieces wedding and still not liking what Im seeing. So, I will just keep doing my thing. And my family that are arriving are a lot of fun, big drinkers and there are "9" of them coming :eek:.

So, have a good week girls and lets get going again!

You are so motivated! And losing a little just adds to the fire. Good for you! No walking for me. Winter is back with a vengence this week. Snow, hail, rain, wind, not much above freezing. No way. I'am always cold, even indoors, so I'am not going outside till it warms up. Easter is even supposed to be icky. I was thinking of all the Easter egg hunts that are put on. Brrrrrr.

I went to a candle pary last night. I did cave in and buy some, but only because it was my daughters party. She had a horrible head ache and could'nt go, and I had just cut the fill in ladies hair yesterday, so I felt that I needed to support her effort a little. sigh

Those stupid candles are soooo expensive. But at least I won't eat them! LOL

Well, we are having gorgeous weather at the moment. 77 today and mid to low 70's the rest of the week. I do believe we are expecting rain for Easter as well. Poor kids with their egg hunts. I don't blame you for not wanting to go out in that. What brand of candles do you buy?

It was a Partylight party. I only bought a tea lights. I have so many holders, and no where to put anymore. Tiny house. I like Gold Canyon because they really have a strong smell, but they smoke a little. Partylight is very clean. I've been saying I'am done with all these expensive candles, it's the $$$ store for me, but then.....you know. But I refuse to have a party, even under preasure! LOL

For some reason I've been eating my head off the last few days. I know it's not PMS, way too old. Maybe the cold weather plus nothing to do at work. Who knows. I try not to worry too much. Good weather is coming, and I'am always pretty busy then.

I love the Partylight holders, but can't tolerate scented candles, or much else with scent. I declared yesterday to be "get back with the program" day and did pretty well. Continuing on today. My work walking buddy is back after being gone 6 weeks so hoping to get at least two walks in per day, one with Cooper in the morning, and another mid-morning and until it gets beastly hot, another in the afternoon.

I was wondering if you were going to say Partylite, I went thru a phase with that. I spent too much money on all of that.

Gaye, I definitely think the weather has something to do with it. we hit 83 today :D and my mood and I think everyone who lives here has changed for the better.

Amy, glad you are back on track. Well we have 2 out of the 3 of us.

C'mon Gaye you can do it too!!!

I'll get there you guys. I promise. But sometimes it makes no sense to just say "todays the day". I have to feel it. Right now, I'am in a "who gives a rat's....hinney?" It will happen, I know myself very well. LOL Until then, I'am not going overboard, just not in try mode. I think sometimes I get other stuff on my mind that pushes the weight issue to the rear. When those things get resolved, I'll be in a different mind set.

You 2 are awesome! We're the only 3 left on this thread. We've all lost weight, and been motivated (off and on) to MOVE. I'am not a quitter, just taken a break from dieting for a short spell.

I call that "being in the zone". Once I'm in the zone it's effortless to stay on track and not eat what I shouldn't. Getting there is another thing altogether. I know what you mean, you go along, day to day, then suddenly all the planets align and you start losing and keep going.

I agree as well, you have to be in the mind set. I know you'll get back there Gaye, I have no worries. So, I went shopping after work to buy some pants for work and it didn't get any. I am in between sizes, one is slighty too big and I'm not quite ready for the next size. There were some really good deals out there now too..;). I was good though didn't go over board, just got 5 tops, but that turned out good I haven't worn a size small in ages and now thats what I bought. I will get to that next size in pants soon. Enjoy your evening, hope your weather is getting better....82 today here.

82 degrees? Wish I were there! Cold, rainy and windy is our forecast for today.

Lucky girl, nice find on the sale clothes. I bought a few T-shirts last week, now I'am back in sweaters. LOL

Happy Easter, have a goooood day.

Good Monday ladies. Cold and very very VERY windy this morning. Even skipped my morning walk. I hope Cooper leaves some of the back yard intact.

Down one pound this morning which is motivating. Need to fit into that new dress in August!

Gosh, I have'nt been here for a week. How's everything going? Same old thing around here. The days kinda all roll together. Same old food issues, same old crappy weather. LOL

I have a friend that was getting rid of a bunch of nice clothes yesterday, so went and tried on some. Woohoo! Jackpot! I took home a big stack of tops. Now I need to get rid of some of my stuff I'am sooooo sick of.

Staying in today probably. Put a roast in later. Read a good book, put my feet up. Ahhhh

It was lonely here! LOL The whole family (or friends) gathering always throws me off too. But you had a good time, that's what really counts.

I think I've had a better week then I've had for a while. At least the scale is'nt going up!

We're having a shuffleboard awards thing this week-end, pool awards AND company next week-end. Sew my lips shut!!!

It just shows how easy it is to fall right back into the bad ways....I didnt exercise the whole week they were here, I didnt eat the best and drank everyday. I know I put on a couple lbs but theyre gone now so back to reality. We had a blast and as you said thats all that matters. Glad to hear your scale isnt on the rise, good for you! Enjoy your weekend and no need to sew your lips shut!

I'm still here, and sadly a little more of me. I'm really having a tough time taking any weight off. Even with walking mornings with Cooper, and on breaks at work, I'm maintaining with an occasional blip UP. UGH. I'll get it under control I'm sure, just need to maintain until the loss comes along.

The weather has been fantastic the last few days, after a cold rainy Monday. But, it's supposed to get cool again next week, with rain coming again.

Amy, we're getting the same weather here. Nice Fri., yesterday and today, then back to rain. Well, March winds and April showers....

It looks like all three of us are struggling! LOL Misery loves company.

A co-worker and I are leaving the salon where we're at (sad), and opening a new one. Hopefully the better location will be more productive for us. Business where we're at sucks, no money. And we just sit around getting wider! LOL I'am excited, but scared too. On well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Amy, dont worry look how far we have all come, you will do it, we will all do it :).

Gaye, congrats! I know youre sad but you'll be opening your own shop, thats wonderful. My hairdresser has decided to pack it up and go to nursing school. One of the other girls is going to buy the business from her. You will do great in your new place.

Well, I havent done anything this week, its been crazy, my family visiting, my mother went into the hospital with pnemonia and has been there just over a week now, we're hoping she will be coming home tomorrow. So, its been a very emotional and exhausting week & 1/2. But, I am back on my horse tomorrow.

So, we all need to give it our all and we will accomplish our goals!

How exciting, your own new shop! I hope my hairdresser never closes or leaves, she's just on the other side of the parking lot from my office, so I can walk there, get my wash, cut, style and walk back with time left over to eat lunch.

Sorry to hear about your mom being hospitalized. Here's hoping she goes home tomorrow and is on the mend.

We're supposed to get yet more rain this week. I usually like rain, like the colder weather, but enough is enough! Ah well, it will be hot soon enough and for a long long time.

Archived