138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

Susan, it is much easier for me to come on here and talk to all these ladies. We all want the same thing so we can all relate.

Gaye, do I need to get back on you?? You need to up your water definitely. The moving thing is a BIG help as well. What happened to your motivation? You were all gung ho! Get back to it! I had a slip this last week but I know what I have to do! You can do it!:D

Barb, that is funny! Oh to be able to eat whatever you want and it gets sucked right out of ya! You know how you hear about all these celebrities that have lost weight either after child birth or because they just got heavier. I don't want to hear Oprah telling me how I can do this, when she has a personal trainer, chef, doctors at her beck and call. One celebrity that I do think did great was Valerie Bertinelli. She does look amazing. I like to hear about everyday normal people's stories.

Just noticed that we have lost a few more people. Marcia where are you? This is your thread.....we need you on here as well.

Good night!

brenda

I sure wish I could figure out why I eat when I'm upset about all the blubber that just loves to hang around in the neighborhood of my belly among other places. Ugh!! I got back to the gym today after laying off for a week and I feel pretty good about that. And walked an hour with my neighbor this evening. Started WW eating plan today and can I say - I'm really, really hungry right now.

Congratulations to everyone who lost last week, and if we didn't then we'll do it this time.

Willie T, how are you liking Nutrisystem? I did it for a couple of months last year but the only foods I liked were the lasagna and the brownies and that doesn't make for much of a food plan. I did lose about 12 lbs. on it while I worked it, so it does work if you like the food.

Have a good night all,

Susan

Brenda, ok ok. Sheesh. It's like Big Brother on here. And that's why I'am here! Thanks for the cyber slap. I needed that. (by the way, Big Brother starts tonight, why do I like that crap?)

Susan, your right, the lasagna and brownies are the best. Some of it is good, and some...well...yuck. But I've said before, good food got me here, and good food will not get me out. When I say good, I don't mean healthy.LOL I mean good on lips. Burgers, Nachos etc. So staying with bland old Nutrisystem, but I swear, I don't think I can gag down one more lunch of "Split Pea Soup" or "Black bean Tortilla Soup". For me the hard part is not eating this stuff, but cooking for "him". BLT last night, fried pork chops, baked potatoes, mac and cheese. I hate him.

I guess we all have family or someone else eating "normal" we have to deal with. And by gosh we're doing it! Right girls? Yeah! Let them eat cake!

I'm still here too. Stuck in a rut. I get down to within .6 of my original goal then bounce back up 1/2 to 1 pound, and keep losing that same weight over and over. Obviously I need to shake things up. I'm existing on vegetables, chicken and fruit, have even mostly lost my taste for bread! At one time in my life I swore that any diet that didn't include pasta and bread was absolutely out of the question for me. Now, I rarely eat either and don't miss them. If I do eat them, they are whole grain only. I even eat spaghetti sauce over a big bowl of steamed veggies. It's GOOD.

So, I'm going to have to start going to the mall at lunch and walking it. Way too hot to do it outside right now. Also will start wearing my pedometer again, as that makes me walk more just to see the number of steps go up!

WillieT, I have a great recipe for nachos that's from WW. DH and I have this for dinner pretty regularly - though DH adds more chips and cheese.:rolleyes:

12 tortilla chips

1/2 cup of salsa

1/2 cup of low fat shredded cheese

1/2 cup refried beans (I use kidney beans or chick peas instead)

1/2 cup guacamole

green onions, jalapeno peppers, etc.

If you delete the guacamole (I don't like it) you can have 12 more tortilla chips.

It's something like 5-7 WW points - not very much at all.

DH just emailed me to say that he had to punch a new hole in his belt at work today because his pants were falling down. The only change he's made to his diet is eating salad for lunch every day instead of frozen dinners. So unfair.

Chloepants,

Thanks for the recipe, it looks great. And don't even get me started about how easy it is for men to lose weight compared to women!:p

Does anyone here use the Wii? I didn't feel like going to the gym today and used the Active Personal Trainer for the first time. The workout I did was only 17 minutes long and the easiest level. This thing kicked my butt! And I workout for about an hour and a half at the gym 4 or 5 days a week. I couldn't believe how hard it was for me.:eek:

magandab, way to go on walking today! You must have a pedometer to know the steps - at least I hope you do! I'm picturing a long legged woman (beautiful of course!) counting her steps as she walks along!

Susan

Barb, thanks for the recipe! I love chips & salsa so why not get all the other goodies too. Last year me & DH started together and grant it he had a lot more to lose then me but his pounds were just falling off him.

gaye, you know that's why I'm here. I would expect the same from all of you! :-)

I have been doing very good this, at least I think I have been. I know I will lose this week :D I am going to a concert tomorrow night so I am going to take it very easy on the alcohol. My eating has been very good this week, I had to make up for last weekend. I mentioned before that I donate blood every 8 weeks well I went to give and once again my iron was too low to give. They told me to go home and have a big steak or a large pizza with all meat toppings. So, I need to look into getting my iron up. I don't eat a lot of red meat, I love it but I don't eat it.

So, anyway....I will be saying good night.

Brenda

All these success stories! Keep up the walking. Great. And really good food choices here this week. This is the best group ever!

I gotta say Brenda, nobody had ever ordered me to eat steak or pizza. Darn it. LOL

I have to go to a Memorial Service tomorrow, so was trying on a few things this morning. Things are fitting now that did'nt in early spring. Does'nt that feel good? But I still have tons of things that I still can't even get one leg into! By the time I get rid of the lbs., it will be time for sweaters again. (oh man, I hate winter to pieces)

It's time for week-end again. Tough time for us as usual. One week-end at a time. We can do it. For these two day, no forbidden food. Lot's of water. Friends birthday BBQ tonight. Just a burger patty for me please. No bun. Is beer food? LOL

I don't know why beer is so bad for you...if you drink it, it goes right through you anyway and you are peeing all the time! I'm trying to help ya out Gaye!

Since we were sharing some recipes, I have been having wraps for lunch or dinner lately and actually my DH has gotten into to them now, well if I make them. Anyway, I get the wheat tortilla's, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers (jalapeno, good flavor), turkey or chicken breast lunch meat, and cheese. Not sure if you have heard or had the Laughing Cow cheese wedges, well I use the light one and spread that on the tortilla then add everything. When you think about it, there isn't much fat or calories in this wrap. I don't count carbs so I didnt check that. Just a suggestion for something else to eat.

Brenda

I love wraps. Might try this for the maintence part.

True about beer Brenda, it's in...it's out. LOL

Only had a patty at the BBQ. Well Ok, with cheese. a about 1/4 cup potato salad, ditto baked beans. Did Ok....then. But before there were chips and dips. Uh oh. Downfall. If I had'nt been having a Margarita at the time things might have gone better. But I paid. Oh ya. When the booze hit the food, sitting in the heat, it was sooo time to go home. Not a good feeling. The Margarita mix was so sour. Fine today though.

DH leaving for LA for a week, so I think with no dinner to cook this should be a great week for dieting!

Have a good week-end everyone.

DH leaving for LA for a week, so I think with no dinner to cook this should be a great week for dieting!

Have a good week-end everyone.

I find that when DH is gone, I don't feel obligated to cook, or eat, so is a great time to lose a few pounds. He'll be going for 1.5 weeks shortly after I return from a 12 day cruise, so I hope to lose anything I gained then.

I'm sooooooooooo excited today. Got below my original goal, finally! 2.8 pounds to go and I'm right where I want to be!

Yah! Yippee! Yahoo! High five! Way to go! Pat yourself on the back, what was your starting point?

THIS time around I was at 162, and this morning I was 144.8. My original goal was 145, but I'd like to make it an even 20 and give myself some cruise food room. My all time high, quite a few years back, was 207. My lowest was 128. At 56 years old I'm more realistic about what is healthy, what feels good, and what is the most flattering.

Congrats Amy!!! That's so great for you. Gaye, I know how you feel about the cooking when your DH is gone. Lately, mine is on a complete schedule then me so he doesnt eat when I do so I don't feel like making a big dinner for just me. I'll make those wraps or get some whole wheat pita pockets and mix a salad with chicken and stuff it into the pita. Easy things like.

So, I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and by this morning my glads are pretty swollen so I haven't really had anything to eat yesterday & today. Lots of fluids and I'm going to make some soup in a minute.:(

I do have some good news, on Friday I went to do my walking and I was able to jog 2 straight blocks then walked a bit more then jogged another block. I am going to try to keep this up.

So, I wish you much success for your next weigh in, whenever it is for you.

Brenda

Bardstowntraveller, how true. We fight like crazy to lose one little pound, and in an instant it's back. Usually brings a few extra with it. LOL So not right.

Amy, is'nt it a bitch that just because we're older now (59) it's harder to lose? And firm up? Forgetaboutit! I never was firm to start. Well, for a few years when I worked in the mills my upper body was hot, but that's been a long while ago.

We are really a successful group. Even with the little battles some of us are losing, we are winning the war!

Bill gone now, I did housework yesterday that just does'nt get done when he's sitting in front of the TV. I think it's more of a mess now then before, but will keep at it later.

Hello ladies,

Well, I was put on 875mg of amoxicillan today, so hopefully get rid of this throat thing. I have another busy weekend ahead of me, this time we are the ones having a BBQ at my house. I will do some healthier foods for myself but all the other crap for the rest of them.

I weighed in this morning and I know it has alot to do with the fact that I didn't eat much Sat & Sun due to the throat issue. But I have a loss of 5.5lbs. I know part of it is because I was working my butt off last week but do not believe all of that. So, next week will tell.

I know how you feel about the 1lb gain, that was me last weekend! Don't worry it went on, it can come off, right??

Hopefully, the other ladies who stopped dropping by are having success on their own. We are all doing great. Out of all of us and how long, only 2lbs gained!!!! Keep up all the hard work, it is paying off! I'm off to bed with my drugs and a movie.

Brenda

I'm getting annoyed with my lack of self-control. I keep track on fitday and as of last week I am 3 lbs behind schedule to reach my goal by November. It's only 3 lbs, but come on Barb! These last couple of weeks I've completely fallen off the wagon. I've got to smarten up!

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted. I am still here and still working on losing the weight. I am actually down another 1 1/2 pounds this week. I was sure I was going to be up some because I drove to Joplin and met my mom for the weekend. I was sure the car trip and the eating out would have done me in but it didn't.

Brenda, I hope you're feeling better!

Amy, good luck on the bidding and those last few pesky pounds--you can do it!!

Have a great week, ladies!

Betsy

Hey Betsy. Nice to see your still with us. It's a busy time of year.

Well, day 4 of being by myself. Have not cooked once. Oh yeah, I did. Did up some stir fry the other night. Almost forgot. Staying on the diet.

Took some time off work today to play at the mall. Got a few tops, and a little elastic top dress. Very casual.

Drinking water finally today. It's about 100 degrees today and for next few days. Typical So. Ore. summer.

Archived