138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

My turn to brag (what a difference from yesterday with my pity party!)

We got pedometers at work and I found out that I don't walk very much at all; maybe 1500 steps a day. So we took the dog for a long walk yesterday - 7500 steps for the day - and today - 6300 steps (it started raining.) Yay me!

Way to go Barb! See you are exercising and I'm sure the dog loves it as well. Gaye, good girl, keep up the water especially in that heat.

I was at the doctor today, had a throat culture done, tested for strep throat but it was negative so was told that I have a bacterial infection going on.:eek: Well, if I knew I'd be able to lose weight I would have hoped for this ages ago! lol So, as usual I have a weekend coming up full of things going on. But I can't have any alcohol....doctors orders!:mad: I did actually have some solid food today! :-)

Keep up the walking, drinking water, eating good, etc!!!!!

I've decided to lose this extra weight that I have put on this past year. I was always very thin..went through menopause naturally at 39 years old, so that was eighteen years ago...Never had any problems or weight gain then. Even modeled for several years in Nashville.

The reason that I have gained so much in the last year is because I have broken so many bones, and just can't seem to do the workouts that I always did. My DH and I met at the gym where I was working and he was a member...so I really miss the gym days. We try to go as much as possible but just can't seem to get motivated for those intense workouts like we did several years ago.

Two other reasons that I've gained weight is that DH quit smoking three years ago after 40 years and we both eat more...! :) Oh and then there are those Church carry in dinners...they are the "eatingest" bunch of folks I have ever known :D These ladies are good cooks!:eek:

Anyway, I have been having some real health problems that last couple of weeks. So spent all day Wednesday at the hospital with blood work, ct scans, etc. Blood pressure is really high, and I never had a clue! I actually cried in my Dr. office and told him that I felt so bad and could not lose a pound. He said he could help me get the weight of before our next cruise! I've got about 76 days to go. As of this morning, I am on Bontril to hopefully get a kick start on some weight loss....and I think we will hit the golf course today. I always lost weight when walking the course...hit the ball..lose the ball...find the ball....:rolleyes:

Sorry to have gotten so long in this tale of woe....I know all the ladies on CC are always so supportive...No more Chips...oh how I love potato chips!:D

Hey Drew's Wife, welcome! You can do this, you really can. We're here to help and support you any way you need (we'll even hide the potato chip bag). Are your broken bones from osteoporsis? I was diagnosed several months ago and re-evaluated my ultimate weight goal. We fragile boned girls NEED a little extra fat on our bodies. It helps with weight bearing exercise and fat stores estrogen, which is also good for bone strength.

Hey Drew's Wife, welcome! You can do this, you really can. We're here to help and support you any way you need (we'll even hide the potato chip bag). Are your broken bones from osteoporsis? I was diagnosed several months ago and re-evaluated my ultimate weight goal. We fragile boned girls NEED a little extra fat on our bodies. It helps with weight bearing exercise and fat stores estrogen, which is also good for bone strength.

Yes, I have very severe osteoporosis. Went through early natural menopause...long story. I actually modeled for years, and because of that I suffered from anorexia for about twenty years. So it had devastating health effects. Twelve broken bones in the last five years. Because I was also so thin, this is really difficult for me to have gained this weight. They decided last year that I would do the Reclast infusion, am scheduled for my next Reclast later this month. So far haven't broken a bone since our Valentine cruise of 2008. I broke two ribs about and hour before we boarded the ship!:eek::D Still had a good time..nothing was going to keep me off that ship!:rolleyes:

I know I can do this...I just want to do it in a healthy way...I' m excited to get started today....No time like the present!:)

Good Morning ladies. And hello to Drews Wife. I can relate to your story, not the fragile bones issue, but the less activity part and weight gain. Things just don't feel as good with excersize as they used to. Rather then feel invigorated, I just feel whipped. And even though I do all the right things, water, diet food, blah, blah, blah, the weight just sits there. Heaven forbid I give up smoking, after a week I would'nt be able to wear a circus tent. LOL

Brenda, sorry you have an infection, I think. I would still take it for a week maybe. Getting a little desparate here. LOL Poor me, whine whine whine. Ok, that's enough. Pick myself up, get tougher.:D

Hi everybody! I'm back from Alaska and my butt is HUGE!!! Two weeks of vacation is really tough on the diet and we were very active! I will not get on the scale until Monday because I know I'll cry-I can feel it in my clothes. Hopefully, eating normally (no soup, salad, main course and dessert 3 times a day!) will help and I'll be doing "real" work-outs. I've got my spin bike reservation for tomorrow and am sure it will kick my a** (hopefully make it smaller too!). Welcome to all the new folks, glad to have you with us. I'm still going to stick with the group even though my cruise is over because I still have weight to lose.

Brenda, I have the sore throat thing too, so far it's not affecting my eating- hope that comes soon!

Whoever was doing the Wii, I have it and use it on days I can't get to the gym. For me, it's better than nothing. It provides great entertainment to my kids especially if I do the hula hoop thing!

Well, my dryer stopped working the day before we left so I have to go deal with that. May have to go to the dreaded laundromat!

"See" you all on Monday for weigh-in. Good luck with the weekend!

Angie

I was minding my own business today, and stopped to chat with friends at our fav Mexican joint. uh oh. I ended up having the shrimp salad, which was a good decision, but they had this warm, cheesy, mushroom sauce that goes on it. OMG, it tasted soooo good! But I'll bet you I just undid 3 months of dieting.:( On the other hand, I did pass on the Margarita, which is a first. Too early, and too hot to drink yet.

Going to a wedding/BBQ this evening. Nothing for me thanks.

Sounds like the group is sticking to the program and doing well. I'm teetering on the edge of my goal. Reached 143.2 earlier this week, and my goal is 142. DH looked at me today and said "You're skinny again." I'm not sure he thinks that's such a good thing. He likes women with meat on their bones. I really do have plenty of that. If I can hold steady about where I am, I should be good to go cruising in September, with good habits well ingrained.

Yah! Good for you! I still have 20 to go, and this round is hard.

Went to the wedding. Wow! It was at some peoples house way the heck and gone up in the mountains, but beautiful. I think all they do is work outside. There was a whole buffet line with everything laid out perfect. I did try part of a chicken leg. The smell of BBQ on a summer afternoon got me.

Picking up the other half at the airport in a few hours. It's back to the kitchen for me.:( Bye bye remote control, hello Fox News.

You all enjoy the rest of the week end. Stay cool.

OK for this week's weigh-in I have some good news and bad news. The good news is I lost 2.4 lbs. this week. :) The bad news is 1 of those lbs is the weight I gained the week-end before last. :rolleyes: Oh well, net, net I am still down 1.4! I am .6 lbs away from my goal with 2 1/2 weeks to go before sailing. My DH is also doing really well on his diet. He is down 7 lbs this month. He has 6 lbs to go but I think he'll make it!

Wow, so many of you are so close to your goals. Congratulations!

I am down 10 lbs from when I started June 1st. I think that means 3 lbs in the last two weeks. I'm a little behind schedule but still working on it. A couple of people have mentioned that they've noticed I've lost weight. That's always a good sign. We took the dog for an incredibly long walk yesterday - had to practically drag her home she was so tired. The walk was needed though since I ate takeout pizza and too many potato chips this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Way to go Barb. Three pounds a week is incredible. I started in April and lost about a pound a week for the first 7 weeks. Then I went 5 weeks without dropping a pound! Talk about frustrating. I finally resorted to a 3 day diet to get me kick started and have been losing steadily for the last month. I've lost a total of 13 lbs so far.

It feels so good that I think it will impact what I eat on my cruise. I'm not going to deprive myself but I'm not going to pig out either. I'm also hoping to find time to work out.

Ok, I'am really and truly stuck here. Have not gained or lost a single pound in over a month. Help! I just read the 3 day fast post, I sooo don't think I could'nt eat for three days. But I've go to do something. Anyone have an idea? $300 a month to stay the same is not my idea of success.

I was stuck for most of July. Can you fast for a day? Or half a day? I think I skipped dinner a couple of times in a row and walked for an hour or more. That made me drop a pound and then I felt that a least something was happening.

I can't remember if you walk a lot already. I always thought that walking was boring (I still do) and that I needed my heart to be pumping hard to make a difference, but it is working for me. I think it also gives me something to do besides eat.

Ok, I'am really and truly stuck here. Have not gained or lost a single pound in over a month. Help! I just read the 3 day fast post, I sooo don't think I could'nt eat for three days. But I've go to do something. Anyone have an idea? $300 a month to stay the same is not my idea of success.

I had the same problem and was able to get back on track by following the 3 day diet. You can get details by following this link http://www.lose10pounds.org/3days. It is not a fast and some of the food combinations are kind of weird but it worked for me. I lost 2.5 lbs in 3 days, not the 10 as promised but I did not gain it back after I went off it. I wasn't hungry on it but I did divide up my food and made 4 meals out of it instead of 3.

Hang in there. Once you get over your plateau you'll start losing again

Plateaus are the worst, aren't they. I find that to kick start my loss when I've stalled, skipping dinner usually works, or eating a teeny tiny bit, if I'm hungry. My go-to dinner for these hot nights and to help get the weight loss going again has been smoothies. I dump frozen blueberries and some other fruit such as another frozen berry, or frozen cherries, or a whole banana, a couple of blobs of plain, non fat yogurt, and some ice in a blender. Blend it up and it makes two smoothies. I put one in the freezer and sip the other. They are filling and take a while to drink.

Well, I knew the scale would be ugly this morning! Two weeks of vacation, even a very active one, is not pretty on the thighs. Gained 4 lbs. (it was probably more, but I refused to get on the scale before today-knew it would be depressing!). Oh well, back to it. Worked out hard this morning and plan to every day until we go to the beach next Wednesday. Hopefully that and eating better than I did on vacation (so hard on a cruise to pass up the yummy soups and desserts!) will knock that 4 lbs. right back off. Then I'll still have my remaining 11 to go. I think I will set September 17 as my new target-college reunion weekend at the beach. That ought to motivate me! Good job all you girls who lost, keep up the work and for those who are stuck-at least you're not gaining!!!

4 pounds, ouch, but gaining it on a cruise......so worth it.

Ok, here's what I've had to eat through out the day. 2 boiled eggs (not at the same time) an apple with about 1 tsp. of peanut butter, and one piece of low fat string cheese. I think for dinner, super small salad with a tiny bit of tri-tip in it. I've always known carbs are not my friend, but Nutra system has soooo many. I lost 20, then quit, so maybe laying off carbs for 2 or 3 days will work. Worth a shot. No excersise, way to hot. It's in the 100's here, and all we have right now is one small fan. No way, I'd faint like a girly girl! Drank quite a bit of water too. We'll see.

Too hot to exercise here too. I sweat like a pig, just doing the dinner dishes. I'm not looking forward to the scale tomorrow, I ate a real dinner tonight. Usually I can make DH his meat and potatoes and do fine but meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn....... mmmmm I ate one slice of meatloaf, about 1/2 cup of mashed, a few tablespoons of corn, and some spinach. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm still stuffed. I ate four string cheese sticks all day as I didn't pack lunch and that was all I had at work. So, might be okay.

Archived