Jet ski insurance

I am planning to book the jet ski tour in Labadee but my travel insurance states jet skis are not covered. As this would be booked through RCCL are you covered for any accidents through them or do you have to sign a waiver.

Wow, I never realized that my cruise playtime was not fully covered. Guess I'd better start reading the pages and pages and pages of fine print. Can you usually get something as an add on? Or, are you just out of luck? :confused:

Wow, I never realized that my cruise playtime was not fully covered. Guess I'd better start reading the pages and pages and pages of fine print. Can you usually get something as an add on? Or, are you just out of luck? :confused:

Those "high risk activities" usually are not going to be covereed except by special policies, that carry a hefty premium on them. Ultimately anything can get insurance it is a matter of at what price.

If you have no health insurance at all, and are accident prone, perhaps the jet ski is not a good choice.

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

I have health insurance, but usually buy the travel insurance for out of the country trips. Can't say that I'm accident proned, but ya never know what's lurking around the corner. Guess that I never really gave it a second thought regarding coverage, or not. Kinda caught me by surprise. Looks like I may have to take it down a notch, or not.

i don't know what would happen out of the country but in the u.s. you would be covered by your health insurance but you have signed a waiver that you couldn't sue the jet ski operator and/or company. i had a skydiving accident a number of years ago and all my medical bills were covered by my normal health insurance but all the waivers i signed prevented me from any legal action against them. i don't know if your medical would be covered from those travel policies but i doubt it.

We have two jet skis (well, "Seadoos" actually) and the insurance on them is unbelievable. I guess when you look at statistics, there are more injuries/incidents associated with them vs. boats.

I am planning to book the jet ski tour in Labadee but my travel insurance states jet skis are not covered. As this would be booked through RCCL are you covered for any accidents through them or do you have to sign a waiver.

Enjoy the excursion. We did it the last time we were in Labadee and had a blast. I can't even think about what could happen. You can go as slow or as fast as you like and everybody is spaced at roughly 30 seconds apart. They are actually waverunners, not Jet Ski's.

Enjoy the excursion. We did it the last time we were in Labadee and had a blast. I can't even think about what could happen. You can go as slow or as fast as you like and everybody is spaced at roughly 30 seconds apart. They are actually waverunners, not Jet Ski's.

I'll probably give it a go. If everyone is spaced well apart like you say then I'm sure it'll be OK. Maybe I was being over cautious but as I am intending to take my son (14) out with me I was concerned about the number of other inexperienced riders out at the same time.

Thanks for the information

Be very careful. I was in Labadee on Mariner when a young man was injured while on the waverunners. The ship was delayed while they had to wait for a helicopter to come and pick him up to airlift him to the hospital. Not to be morbid, but just be careful and make sure you are covered under your insurance. You never know what's going to happen on the cruise. I know we also had one person die of natural causes on the same cruise AND someone else had a heart attack and had to be picked up off the ship after we had departed the Bahamas. Oh, and did I mention we were also 2 extra days at sea because of Hurricane Jeanne? The travel insurance came in very handy on that cruise.

Theresa

Theresa

Archived