Alaska - norweigen pearl or golden princess?

BeckyTX

Is it for this year or next year? If it's this year, then NCL Pearl because it has a much better itinerary than Golden Princess. If it's for next year, then Golden Princess but only if it's the Glacier Bay itinerary. If you are looking at the Sawyer Glacier/Tracy Arm itinerary on Golden Princess, then my vote is for NCL Pearl.

Part of it is preference.

The biggest key though is if you want to see glaciers, then Glacier Bay is it. While Tracy Arm has beautiful scenery, the Sawyer Glaciers aren't very spectacular AND ships don't always get all the way down the fjord to see the Sawyers.

• 1 month later...
Help! Your opinions are appreciated!

the pearl. it is a beautiful ship, i loved freestyle and you go to glacier bay. if you are going to alaska for the first time one of the glaciers is a must to get the tru alaskan experience. have a great time.

jut got back ----- had a GREAT cruise, but wish I would have done glacier bay (and not tracey arm!)....

Wow! That was quick. Which one did you end up doing? I understand the Golden just underwent some major refurbishing, but sometimes the itineraries really do make the difference. Glacier Bay really is a must-see and much more preferred over Hubbard Glacier or Tracy Arm.

yeah, it was a last minute trip :) we did the golden june 20-27.

it was awesome - i just wished i would have done a glacier bay cruise. we were supposed to do tracey arm but ended up in endicott arm.

Archived