Train from citavecchio to rome

We will be taking the train into Rome from the port at Citavecchio and can anyone tell me please if this goes into the Termini Station or St. Peters...thanks for any help you can give with this..

Our ship doesn't sail until 7pm so what time train would you recommend to make sure we get back to the port within a reasonable time.

We will be taking the train into Rome from the port at Citavecchio and can anyone tell me please if this goes into the Termini Station or St. Peters...thanks for any help you can give with this..

Our ship doesn't sail until 7pm so what time train would you recommend to make sure we get back to the port within a reasonable time.

We will be taking the same train in July. According to the Schedule on

http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=c79686605528a110VgnVCM1000003f16f90aRCRD

when you select a time and the details, the trains go to Termini

All regional trains, which are covered by the BIRG ticket, stop at St. Pietro, Termini and a few more stations in Rome.

ICs, special trains running between the major cities, are more expensive and do stop normally at Ostiense and Termini only.

I would recommend to plan on taking a train that arrives not later than around 17.00 h or 5 pm at Civitavecchia.

Given the current schedule (but check the schedule for your date) that would be 15.39 from termini resp. 15.59 from S. Pietro, arriving at 16.57,

OR, if you are more risk taking,

16.09 from termini resp. 16.29 from S. Pietro, arriving at 17.13.

In both cases the 16:39 / 16:59 train, arriving at 17.57 would be the last resort if something happens.

We took the 4:40 p.m. train back from Termini to Civitavecchia & arrived at 6 p.m. Quite a few others from our cruise, both passengers and employees, also took it. It's a 10 minute walk back to the port entrance where you catch the shuttle to the ship. That doesn't allow much time for train delays, so bumping it up a half hour might give you a little more of a comfort level. Since our next port was Naples, we were willing to 'push the envelope' a bit with the return time.

I think you will be at least in the 9am range of time. The ship has to be boarded by the local officials, all luggage has to be off loaded, then they will start calling for the passengers to depart. Your place in the departing order will depend on what arrangements you told them when they sent a questionaire around to the cabins several days before.

MaryAnn

Oops, if you are just going for the day - forget all that about luggage.

I couldn't tell from your post if you were at the port for the day or at the end of your cruise.

Sorry, M. A.

No Rome is just one of our ports on our cruise but thanks anyway...:) I have been there many times but never taken the train in...the ship charge an outrageous amount for basically the same thing so we thought we would give this a try....

One more question....if we dock at 7am is it feasible to be able to get the 7.59 am train?

Thanks for all your help, don't you just love CC :)

SUSAN-M we thought the same thing about Naples LOL.....

On our port day there, we were able to get the first shuttle to the port entrance (around 7:20) and arrived at the train station well in time for the 7:59 a.m. train ( people on the shuttle after ours made it as well.)

Yes...love CC and could not have done our DIY port days without the help we received here!

Enjoy Rome!:)

SusanM--

That is very encouraging to hear that we can make the 7:59 train! There is one at 7:52 that is express to Rome (an IC train)--can we take that one with a BIRG or are we limited to the regional trains?

Thanks for your help so far!

Diane

We will be taking the same train in July. According to the Schedule on

http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=c79686605528a110VgnVCM1000003f16f90aRCRD

when you select a time and the details, the trains go to Termini

I was on the Navigator in March and was told by the crew to watch for the trains running on Sunday from Termini to Civitavecchia they don't always run on Sunday. I checked this link for 9/20/09 at 9am and it is telling me there are no trains in that range. Can that be possible, or am I doing something wrong? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I was on the Navigator in March and was told by the crew to watch for the trains running on Sunday from Termini to Civitavecchia they don't always run on Sunday. I checked this link for 9/20/09 at 9am and it is telling me there are no trains in that range. Can that be possible, or am I doing something wrong? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

You have come across the annual (sometimes more frequent) schedule change problem. They have a unique way of doing this. Wipe out all the schedules and slowly (albeit very) add back the new schedules. Start with the Eurostar, then the IC+ and IC. Finally get to the Regionale. The result is the online schedules show little available for several weeks.

Check my train site (link below) and you'll get a good indication of schedules - enough for planning purposes. Schedules rarely change that much. In another 7-10 days I'll do the re-verification of all the schedules.

Archived