which beach for 2 toddlers

kimba16001

Hi there, my husband and I are going to nassua on Thursday, September 3rd from 8-5 with our 2 and 4 year old sons. I am trying to figure out which beach which would be best for us. Also, did I read that the one of them is not open in September? My only confliction is that I think my kids would really like the aquarium at Atlantis. any suggestions thanks.

Hi there, my husband and I are going to nassua on Thursday, September 3rd from 8-5 with our 2 and 4 year old sons. I am trying to figure out which beach which would be best for us. Also, did I read that the one of them is not open in September? My only confliction is that I think my kids would really like the aquarium at Atlantis. any suggestions thanks.

you may find it difficult during that time period to find a suitable beach that's open.

Wyndham is closed, and the Hitlon will be in the midst of the harbour dredging (which may affect Lighthouse beach as well).. this is off season.. so alot of places will be in "maintenance mode".

Also.. since it's Thursday.. both Blue Lagoon and Blackbeards Cay are closed as well.

You might look into getting a day room at the Sheraton at cable Beach (next to the Wyndham). At the moment it's $99 for 2 ($10 for ea. add'l person to a maximum of 4.

The sheraton has a nice pool area and a calm beach.. no crowds.

If you should choose the aquariums.. here's the details

Discover Atlantis Aquarium Tour:

. Adult Price: $35.00

. Children (ages 4-12) Price: $26.00

. Includes: access to predator lagoon, the dig, ruins lagoon

. Not included: access to beaches, pools, slides and private lagoons, meals

For the Beach Package and Aquarium:

Discover Atlantis Beach Day Package:

. Adult Price: $55.00

. Children (ages 4-12) Price: $30.00

. Included: The Discover Atlantis Aquarium Tour, access to west beach and all marine habitats.

. Not Included: access to pools, slides and private lagoons, meals

. Availability: limited based on guest occupancy; sold on first come, first serve

Thanks scuba girl, I think we decided to do the atlantis beach day because the kids would like to see the aquarium and hang out on the west beach. What is the west beach is it real crazy and busy? whats there?

Thanks scuba girl, I think we decided to do the atlantis beach day because the kids would like to see the aquarium and hang out on the west beach. What is the west beach is it real crazy and busy? whats there?

West beach is the main beach. Cruisers are not allowed in the lagoon, the cove or Paradise Beach.. They have a roped off area on the beach..

It's the same beach that has FREE access from the RIU.. except there no chairs etc. The beach can be a bit rough for the little ones.. if there's been a storm.. or one coming.. the beach may be too rough. I suggest you wait to see how the weather is before buying the beach pass.

You'll be able to tell as you come into port. If waves are breaking on the rocks near the lighthouse and along the beach... then the beach will be rough.

The kids will love the aquariums.

Thanks, We might want to just hang out and go through the exhibits and stuff anyway. We might be beached out by this point anyway.Do you know much about Freeport? want to do dolphin encounter but cruise line is $109. bestonbahamas has it $75 but won't let me book through them. They said I have to go through the cruiseline. The one through ccl is 3.5 hours and the one they offer is 2 hrs. Not sure why I can't buy through them(bestonbahamas).Are there any other companies in Freeport that offer dolphin interaction?

Archived