Need Opinions Everyone!

I am in need of some advice.

We have sailed a smaller Celebrity ship (Galaxy), the Voyager-Class and the Freedom-Class aboard RCCL. We would now like to see Bermuda for the first time.

We enjoy the larger ships, however, we would sail a smaller ship for the chance to stay a day longer in Bermuda.

My question is..Explorer sails from NJ on a 5 night, NCL Dawn sails out of NY on a 7 night and stays another night in Bermuda. The two are alomst the same price.

What should I do?

Thanks!!!

Personally I would take the Dawn. I have already been on NCL and liked it a lot. Others will tell you that NCL is partners with the devil and they wouldn't go on an NCL cruise if someone gave it to them.

I think that if you research the line and know what to expect (that is is different from RCCL's product) that you can adjust your expectations accordingly and have a really excellent time---for the same price for a longer time!

With that said, I did go to Bermuda on the Explorer last year (5 nights was all I could do anyway) and I enjoyed that very much.

Personally I would take the Dawn. I have already been on NCL and liked it a lot. Others will tell you that NCL is partners with the devil and they wouldn't go on an NCL cruise if someone gave it to them.

I think that if you research the line and know what to expect (that is is different from RCCL's product) that you can adjust your expectations accordingly and have a really excellent time---for the same price for a longer time!

With that said, I did go to Bermuda on the Explorer last year (5 nights was all I could do anyway) and I enjoyed that very much.

Thanks! What would you say are the main differences between RCCL and NCL?

I am in need of some advice.

We have sailed a smaller Celebrity ship (Galaxy), the Voyager-Class and the Freedom-Class aboard RCCL. We would now like to see Bermuda for the first time.

We enjoy the larger ships, however, we would sail a smaller ship for the chance to stay a day longer in Bermuda.

My question is..Explorer sails from NJ on a 5 night, NCL Dawn sails out of NY on a 7 night and stays another night in Bermuda. The two are alomst the same price.

What should I do?

Thanks!!!

I was on the Pearl, and we had a great time. We have also done the AOS, so I can compare sister ships. We did MTD on LOS so we like that style anyway. The NCL ships are considerably smaller, and have a different vibe. I would go on the Dawn for sure, longer is better!

I was on the Pearl, and we had a great time. We have also done the AOS, so I can compare sister ships. We did MTD on LOS so we like that style anyway. The NCL ships are considerably smaller, and have a different vibe. I would go on the Dawn for sure, longer is better!

Thanks KJ. I remember you from our Liberty sailing. Cruise withdrawl for you yet?

When are you looking to go?

RC Grandeur is doing a 7-night from Baltimore to Bermuda, leaving on Oct 3, 2009

Arrive Kings Wharf Oct 5 @ 10 am

Leave Kings Wharf Oct 7 @ 5 pm

From what I saw, Explorer prices for a 5-night cruise are not that much less than this 7-night one.

Grandeur is our favorite ship.

When are you looking to go?

RC Grandeur is doing a 7-night from Baltimore to Bermuda, leaving on Oct 3, 2009

Arrive Kings Wharf Oct 5 @ 10 am

Leave Kings Wharf Oct 7 @ 5 pm

From what I saw, Explorer prices for a 5-night cruise are not that much less than this 7-night one.

Grandeur is our favorite ship.

I saw that one too! Since we live in B-More it would be nice but we need to go in April

Well I'm a greedy slob and would like to think I'd take the longer cruise, if it's comparable in price to a shorter cruise.

However, I'd go to RCI's and NCL's websites and see what each ship has to offer, and also read some reviews, probably on this site. Then I'd make my decision. If the ships seem fairly similar in amenities and reviews, I'd be a pig and go for the longer cruise. :)

Archived