Sunset verandas on the solstice

TRAVELFEVER

The only thing kind of wierd about the aft cabins is that everyone at the public areas on the upper decks (ie Sunset bar) can see into the balconys. There is quite a big angle from the top on down. I didn't stay in one, but did comment to my hubby standing at the top that "those balconys sure don't have any privacy!"

We are booked in a sunset veranda cabin on the solstice, cabin #6312, has anyone been in one of these sunset cabins at the aft of the ship, and can you tell me what you thought of it.;)

If you look at the Solstice Cabin Compilation Sticky there is a review on cabin 6312. It is reported to be one of the larger aft balconies and quiet with no reports of soot(some have had soot problems in those aft cabins). As the previous poster said though the balconies do lack privacy and they also are not covered so very little shade.

We are booked in a sunset veranda cabin on the solstice, cabin #6312, has anyone been in one of these sunset cabins at the aft of the ship, and can you tell me what you thought of it.;)

We had cabin 6312 which is a connecting room to 6315 though this was not a problem maybe because friends of ours were there. The balcony is definitely wider but the depth is the same as most any other. The bed is near the balcony as well.

Though I wish Celebrity built the aft cabins like on the Infinity we still enjoy the view and sound of the wake and is the primary reason we select the aft cabins.

It is true there is no cover above you so it can get a bit warm but we just stay inside and leave the sliding door open and turn the off the air.

Enjoy,

erms

The only thing kind of wierd about the aft cabins is that everyone at the public areas on the upper decks (ie Sunset bar) can see into the balconys. There is quite a big angle from the top on down. I didn't stay in one, but did comment to my hubby standing at the top that "those balconys sure don't have any privacy!"

It is true that you can see some balconies from the Sunset Bar BUT not the SV's they are to low down. We stayed in one and you could only be seen if you were hanging out on the rail not sitting down.

Archived