Live and Almost Live from Carnival Spirit Northnound Alaska May 27th-June 3rd

nolaAlive

Here are a couple of videos from the "Blues Brothers" encore show (last sea day). The originals are brighter - guess something gets lost when uploading...

thanks Bill, I had heard that Bubba could sing...now I have my answer:)

There was wildlife and waterfalls on pretty much all of them.

From most to least I would say:

Renown Kenai Fjords National Park cruise - Seward - Post-cruise

http://www.renowntours.com/

Captains Choice Wildlife Quest and Beach Walk - Sitka

http://www.allenmarinetours.com/sightseeing/sitka/tours/wildlife-captain/index.html

{through ship} - Also did Raptor Center here

Whale Quest and Salmon Bake Combo - Juneau

http://www.allenmarinetours.com/sightseeing/juneau/tours/whale-watching/index.html

{through ship - too many people on the boat} Also did the Mount Roberts Tram here

Eagle Preserve Wildlife River Adventure - Skagway

{though ship}

Disappointed with the wildlife on this one, but scenery and weather were beautiful. Kind of a double edge sword - the best wildlife viewing often does not coincide with the best weather for humans. Also, wildlife viewing can be hit or miss even under perfect conditions.

Mountain Point Snorkeling Adventure - Ketchikan

http://www.snorkelalaska.com/

{through ship}

Even saw wildlife including sea life on this one.

The zoo is nice. Not very large so easy to see all of it. Depends a lot on volunteers. We went to Seward one full day for the Renown tour - that took from about 6am to 11pm, so just had a lazy day the following day.

Plus had to repack everything.

The museum in Anchorage is supposed to be nice, but we didn't go.

I'm jealous that you saw killer whales. We saw lot of humpback whales, but no killer whales. What vangage point did you have for the picture of the top of the whale swimming on top of the water? Cool picture!

Thank you.

I was on the front of the boat:

DSC02748.JPG

DSC02750.JPG

I have enjoyed your postings very much. I am packing for my trip today. We fly out Sunday for a few days in Anchorage before our southbound cruise. Any last minutes ideas of not to forget or must do's? We have 3 days pre and post cruise. Things planned in every post except Ketchikan. We have nothing planned there. Once agian Thanks so much, I loved your posting's.

Sue:D

I have enjoyed your postings very much. I am packing for my trip today. We fly out Sunday for a few days in Anchorage before our southbound cruise. Any last minutes ideas of not to forget or must do's? We have 3 days pre and post cruise. Things planned in every post except Ketchikan. We have nothing planned there. Once agian Thanks so much, I loved your posting's.

Sue:D

Expect rain sometimes, maybe cool sometimes, warm sometimes. Have layers of clothing and leave half of it at home.

Bring cameras. Binoculars if you will use them.

Depending on where you go, there may be mosquitoes.

All of the ports should have maps and self-guided walking tours.

In Ketchikan there is Creek Street, Cape Fox funicular, and the Totem Heritage Center.

There is more to see and do than you could possibly do in several visits, so don't procrastinate too long, just go, go, go.

and Enjoy! :D

Archived