San Francisco hotels

Char

I just did a search for San Francisco and nothing came up.

Does anyone have recommendations for reasonably priced (is there such a thing in San Francisco?) hotels in the Fisherman's Wharf area? Going to be there next June for 1 night and have searched some reservation sites and come up with very expensive rates! :eek:

Thanks! :D

we stayed there last May 4 before cruising Mercury 12day to Alaska.

HI was 99.00 double. Clean, no problems. Would I stay there again, no.

Why? It had NO personality, NO ambiance, nothing. There is a Best Western Bed and Breakfast there, I had that booked and cancelled it, wish I had kept it. Think it is called Tuscany Inn. We will be back out there again May 15, 2005 for 12 day to Alaska/INFINITY. Have not booked a room yet. We are going to use Priceline this time. Everyone has lots of good luck using them and get great rates.

we stayed there last May 4 before cruising Mercury 12day to Alaska.

HI was 99.00 double. Clean, no problems. Would I stay there again, no.

Why? It had NO personality, NO ambiance, nothing. There is a Best Western Bed and Breakfast there, I had that booked and cancelled it, wish I had kept it. Think it is called Tuscany Inn. We will be back out there again May 15, 2005 for 12 day to Alaska/INFINITY. Have not booked a room yet. We are going to use Priceline this time. Everyone has lots of good luck using them and get great rates.

Hey Brenda :D

We will be on the Infinity 10 day SFO to Vancouver in June! Right now the prices for the Holiday Inn and the Best Western Tuscany Inn are kinda high--both over $150 plus tax. We are thinking of Priceline, too. Do you have any other possibilities that you saw when you were there last year?

Let me pull out my stuff and I'll email you.

At one time we were booked into 6 different hotels. I cancelled all but HI the week of the cruise. Also the best prices we got was to get OFF the computer, call the 800 number and book thru them, sometimes that's the 'cheapest' way.

Also, we get AARP, and every dollar off helps. Pays to be 'old folks'(57&58) yipee!

Let me pull out my stuff and I'll email you.

At one time we were booked into 6 different hotels. I cancelled all but HI the week of the cruise. Also the best prices we got was to get OFF the computer, call the 800 number and book thru them, sometimes that's the 'cheapest' way.

Also, we get AARP, and every dollar off helps. Pays to be 'old folks'(57&58) yipee!

Really appreciate your help Brenda! We're "old folks" too (a bit older than you guys :p )

I have used Priceline several times and have booked 3 or 4 star hotels for $65 to $90 per night. However, I prefer the hotels in the east and west Union Square area. I have gotten and loved the quirky King George Hotel, Grand Hyatt Union Square among others.

Steve Hayes

I just did a search for San Francisco and nothing came up.

Does anyone have recommendations for reasonably priced (is there such a thing in San Francisco?) hotels in the Fisherman's Wharf area? Going to be there next June for 1 night and have searched some reservation sites and come up with very expensive rates! :eek:

Thanks! :D

Try Best Western Tuscan Inn

go to the www.bestwestern.com web site put in san fran, look for the Tuscan Inn, select Seniority Rate, King/wine in the evening by fireplace/hop a taxi to the pier/ rate listed is 111.20 plus taxes, of course:D

I looked for this fabulous website I had in May, but I forgot the puter crashed since then and I don't have any of the 'good' stuff. Don't get me wrong, the Holiday Inn was clean, friendly, very quiet, close to everything. We were only in the room long enough to sleep. Just think Tuscan Inn has more personality. Of course, I wanted to stay in town at something like Mark Hopkins, ridiculously overpriced and too far out, but, Oh my, what a view!:)

Go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com Take a look at San Francisco.

You can bid the Fishserman's Wharf area, as well as Union Square East.

I usually wind up with the Grand Hyatt..... which is a terrific hotel.. and I prefer the Union Square area.

Some of the boutique properties in SFO are great value as well. Check them out.

we just booked the Sheraton Fisherman's wharf for a Saturday night pre-cruise in April, 2005. The price was $90 plus fees and taxes through Priceline(total about $115) You will not get a price like this from any hotel website or by using Orbitz or Travelocity- believe me, I tried. It took 10 days to finally get the room through Priceline- started at $60 and went up by $5 increments. Even added another area as was suggested above. All 3* hotels in that area will run over $150 per night regular price through the hotel. Good Luck.

Rob

Try Best Western Tuscan Inn

go to the www.bestwestern.com web site put in san fran, look for the Tuscan Inn, select Seniority Rate, King/wine in the evening by fireplace/hop a taxi to the pier/ rate listed is 111.20 plus taxes, of course:D

I looked for this fabulous website I had in May, but I forgot the puter crashed since then and I don't have any of the 'good' stuff. Don't get me wrong, the Holiday Inn was clean, friendly, very quiet, close to everything. We were only in the room long enough to sleep. Just think Tuscan Inn has more personality. Of course, I wanted to stay in town at something like Mark Hopkins, ridiculously overpriced and too far out, but, Oh my, what a view!:)

Hey Brenda :D

The Tuscan Inn comes up this morning for the Seniority rate on June 8th with $132 plus tax.

We'll fiddle around with the options you other posters provided. Thanks all! If anyone has more ideas I certainly would appreciate hearing them :D

We stayed at the Comfort Inn that was about 2 blocks up the street from Fishermans Warft in July of this year and loved it..We walked to the pier area in about 5 minutes..We paid 99.00..Very nice room and view..First time in San Francisco, and we loved it!

Archived