Excursions on Windsurf

nedleycan

We were last on a Windstar cruise 5 years ago. At the time, it was our first cruise, so I didn't know what to expect and we didn't even think about excursions until we got on board. But, now that we have done 2 other cruises (Disney), I like to plan my excursions ahead of time. Can we book excursions before the cruise? There are a couple of excursions that could "make or break" our cruise... okay, I guess I am laying it on a little thick there, but we would be so disappointed if we could go cave tubing and zip-lining through the jungle on our Mayan cruise. Is it possible to pre-book excursions on Windstar? Or, can we book the minute we get on board? Last time we waited until the night before and listened to the excursion speech before booking. But, this cruise is fully booked (I know, as we got a cancellation, otherwise we would have been out!) and am worried that these excursions could book up really quickly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Included in your boarding documents will be a list and description of each tour. You can book early if you want. You could try to talk to the cruise director or tour director (Patrick when we were there in Sept.-accessible and well-informed) if you're unsure about booking. The night before each port Patrick will describe in more detail the tours, and will let you know if there are any spots left. Sometimes there are no-shows at the time of the tour. The tour director (Walt in Sept.) was available after dinner for advice, too. Even after all that it was still hard for me to decide because I'd like to see and do it all.

Archived