When's the best time for a New England/Canada cruise?

swdke

When's the best time for a New England/Canada cruise? Is there a best time to go? Is there a bad time to go? Any and all help much appreciated, thanks.

It kind of depends on what you're looking for.

Cool crisp air hits us (Boston) in September (and it's my favorite time of year) and even moreso in Maine, The Maritimes and Quebec, but the leaves start to turn around late September, which is beautiful.

August & late July can be hot, but depending where you're from it can nice. Early June can be a bit rainy and cooler.

I don;t think there are any bad times to go, just some times are better than others (depending, of course, on what you're looking for)..

Best of luck

How is it in the middle of October? Have all the leaves fallen. Is it really cold?

:)

Hi briody: IMHO mid-October is a gorgeous time. The weather is still very nice--our fall weather the last few years has been my favorite of seasons. The mornings and evenings can be a bit crisp, but not freezing cold at all. Daytime you might need a light jacket---I believe in layering that way you are prepared for whatever the weather may be. My heavy winter jacket does not come out until about the end of November. And, no, the leaves have not all fallen off as yet. Some areas may be a bit past peak (Maine, NH), however, my area is just about there. I cruise out of Boston every year at the end of October--usually when I return home about 2 weeks later, the leaves are pretty much changed and starting to fall. Happy planning.:)

How is it in the middle of October? Have all the leaves fallen. Is it really cold?

:)

The weather in mid October should be crisp and enjoyable. The leaves should be falling at that time and most probably <1/2 done. It is not _really cold_ until late December. If fall colors are what you want to see, a cruise is really not the answer. Best colors are not seen near ocean but on mountains and valleys in the interiors. Although you could get to those spots within an hour or two from the ports I suppose.

In our area the leaf colours peak around October 10th. After that how long they last depends on whether we have a major windstorm.

In October the air is very crisp in the early mornings but will warm up into the high 50's or low 60's during the day as a rule. If we are lucky we have Indian Summer in late October and the temps can get into the 70's for a few hours during the day.

At sea in this area the air will be cold even in the summer.

Archived