swimming in the swimming pool

Once when on the Mariner, every afternoon a "swimmer" showed up with goggles and proceeded to do her laps with the splashing chasing everyone else out of the pool. Totally disregarded everyone else already in the pool.:mad:

We saw the same thing on our Solstice cruise this past March except the woman was swimming her laps in the Solarium pool. Very rude. An acquaintance told us that she would purposely stand in the way of the lady to keep her from doing her laps. Didn't seem to slow her down.

Is there more than one pool on the Brilliance?

I thought I also heard there is a water slide...is that for kiddies, or can older kids and teens use it too?

Funny question, we never made it to the pool all week! This being our first cruise I was surprised how small the pools were, I wasn't expecting olympic size but they wern't real big. I don't think you can do any laps during the day, too many people, and even if empty they would be short laps!

You think the ones on RC are small...HAH, check out Carnival's!! Heck my bathtub is bigger!!!!!! I swear the last two Carnival ships I was on could hold maybe 5 people in each pool...it was awful IMO

If I'm not mistaken, all the pools are saltwater EXCEPT Freedom class and Oasis. And there is always a pool open - even if they are being cleaned, they leave one of them accessible. Same with whirlpools.

I can't answer if they are filled every day with new water.

The Enchantment has one salt and 1 fresh

You know, I've always wondered why they keep building these gargantuan ships with all the bells and whistles (and now indoor parks!), but they can't make the pools bigger. It doesn't have to be Olympic-size or anything. Just long enough to get some decent laps in.

Norwegian Dawn has a 20 yard lap pool and a jet-current exercise pool, but very few do. :)

Archived