Is there a New Orleans hotel with shuttle service? (Title has been changed)

JenKate

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, I've looked but I'm kind of overwhelmed! :)

I'm looking for a hotel that has shuttle service to/from the airport and cruise terminal... one or both! I don't mind paying for a taxi, but if my brain is half as fried for our trip as it is now, easier will be better!

I've looked at the Drury, and it seems great (and inexpensive for our travel dates) but I don't see any mention of a shuttle service.

We're country mice, I'm afraid of getting lost in the big city!

Best advice I can give is to stay at the Chart House at Pier 21. It's right on the channel so you can see your ship come in that morning. It also offers free parking during your cruise for their guests. Easy walking distance to the terminal or you can use your car to drop off bags with a porter, return to the parking lot and walk back to check in.

Last time I stayed there, I met the Harbor Pilot just off of one of the cruise ship while I was walking around the area. We talked for 1/2 hour or so. Real nice person with lots of good stories.

The hotel is Harbor House. Several of the hotels on the island offer shuttle service to the port.

Galveston Cruiser is right...many hotels offer shuttle service to the port, however, I don't think there are any Galveston hotels that offer shuttle service to the airport as the closest airport is 45 miles away. You'll have to get a shuttle service to pick you up for transport from the airport to Galveston.

The Galveston Limousine Service company offers shuttles to/from the airport and to the cruise ship. We live half way between Galveston and the airport and have used their service before to get to IAH. Look for them on the web at WWW.galvestonlimousineservice.com or telephone at 1-800-640-4826. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived