Club Carnival - Child turning 2 during sailing

BarbMatt

Oh boy, this is why I don't post here often!

Of course it would be better to change the date of the cruise but if she can't or doesn't want to change her date then all I was saying is it can't hurt to ask, all they can do is say no.

As far as your comment regarding the 15 month old in the pool, if you feel that way you probably shouldn't swim in public pools ever because I'm sure babies are not the only ones who pee in the pool, that's what chlorine is for! Of course, he was wearing a swim diaper and we avoided taking him in around the times when he normally has a BM. He certainly wasn't the only child under 2 in the pool either.

I think the whole point of not taking a little one in a pool is that they have a different system of filtration on ships and it's not safe for the sake of other passengers. Sorry, even if he wasn't the only one, doesn't make it right.

Eh! (That's a Canadian eh!) Thanks for your post - I love it. It's posts like yours, that don't skin me alive,that I appreciate. Answering the question in a respectful way - keep it up - love it!

From your fellow canadian!

B.

Your very welcome! Sometimes I just can't believe the snooty responses on here. I hope you have an awesome cruise and that your daughter gets some time in the club and enjoys it.

Cheers Eh!

Oh boy, this is why I don't post here often!

Of course it would be better to change the date of the cruise but if she can't or doesn't want to change her date then all I was saying is it can't hurt to ask, all they can do is say no.

As far as your comment regarding the 15 month old in the pool, if you feel that way you probably shouldn't swim in public pools ever because I'm sure babies are not the only ones who pee in the pool, that's what chlorine is for! Of course, he was wearing a swim diaper and we avoided taking him in around the times when he normally has a BM. He certainly wasn't the only child under 2 in the pool either.

Yes, let me apologize in advance - I'm afraid some on the family board can respond fairly harshly when someone thinks it's ok for children to ignore the rules. There are other pesky passengers who can't stand families on board because a small minority of them do as they please with no concern for others. If you don't see the difference between a swimming pool on land and one at sea, there isn't any. Plus, as long as he wasn't the only one. It's definitely ok to break the rules if you're not the only one. That way way the kid knows from example as he grows that as long as someone else is breaking the rules, it's ok for him too. Hope they enjoy the teenage years :rolleyes:

Sorry - guess I'm cranky today. Spent Saturday telling my girls why they're not allowed to bang on the fish tank at the mall, even though lots of other kids were doing it (right next to the sign that says "Parents - please don't let children touch the fish tank.").

OP - sounds like you have the perfect attitude and I look forward to hearing how your cruise goes. And what a great place to celebrate a 2nd birthday!

Best,

Mia

• 2 weeks later...

I got the answer for you. :D

I asked the counselors on Triumph. I said "If a child gets on a ship on a Monday and doesn't turn 2 until Wednesday, then when can they start Camp Carnival?"

They said "The child can start on that Wednesday, on their birthday"

And I said "Are you SURE?"

They said, "Yes, a child turning 2 will start camp on the day they turn 2, but not before"

So there ya go, have a great cruise.

I got the answer for you. :D

I asked the counselors on Triumph. I said "If a child gets on a ship on a Monday and doesn't turn 2 until Wednesday, then when can they start Camp Carnival?"

They said "The child can start on that Wednesday, on their birthday"

And I said "Are you SURE?"

They said, "Yes, a child turning 2 will start camp on the day they turn 2, but not before"

So there ya go, have a great cruise.

thank you thank you!!

: )

Thanks so much Michelle for looking into all of that for me. I really really appreciate it!!!

P.s. nice photo

Did you like Eastern Canada?? Did you get to see any icebergs?? I hope you enjoyed. I am Canadian and was talking with my husband last night about how we would love to go "out east" and how it may be cheaper doing it as a cruise? What were your thoughts? Did you do any excursions?

Thanks again Michelle :)

Archived