Is the horizons show at pcc a luau?

cruiser123cba

The PCC is actually a cultural center and a wonderful place to visit. While there you can attend a luau. If you choose after the luau you can move to their ampitheatre to watch the Horizons show. They are not located in the same venue, that way people that don't want the luau and want to eat elsewhere an just go to the show.

Have fun!

The PCC is actually a cultural center and a wonderful place to visit. While there you can attend a luau. If you choose after the luau you can move to their ampitheatre to watch the Horizons show. They are not located in the same venue, that way people that don't want the luau and want to eat elsewhere an just go to the show.

Have fun!

Thanks for your response. I am a bit confused, however, because we thought that luaus usually consist of a show and food. What does PCC's luau have if it doesn't have a show?

We're trying to find a luau to attend while in Oahu pre-cruise. We've read good things about several luaus and about the PCC show but we're still unsure whether the PCC is actually a luau. Thanks for any help!:)

No The Luau is a separate show from their Horizons show.

We did the "super ambassader" pkg last year (minus the Luau) with the buffet that had king crab legs and huge shrimp for shrimp cocktail plus an array of other dishes from meats to salads.

The PCC is the #1 attraction of Hawaii nd its well worth spending the day and taking in as much as you can.

We were glad we did the "super" pkg because it gives you a private guide that will get you through the 35 acres in a timely manner (not rushed) and they will get you to the island mini shows on time with vip seating in shaded area's.

For seniors or people worried about walking this is flat ground with lots of shaded areas, tell your guide up front what you want. They will also break for lunch were you can buy food/snacks or do as we did we packed a light lunch in a soft side cooler bag. They will also supply water.

The "Horizons" show is a "not to miss event". And pretty well all the seats in the theater are good seats.

We didn't do the Luau at PCC because we had planned on taking in the "Old Lahania Luau" which is rated one of the best.

Another note is that you can make reservations for PCC to pick you up from your hotel for $20 pp round trip which is close to an hour each way and the drive is quite senic.

I agree about the special packages, if you can get one of them. We got the ambassador package - step down from addictedtwo's. The differences were we were with a group (I think maybe 6 or 8), not just us and our seats at the show were a row or two behind the super ambassador rows. Now I wish we had gone to the buffet with the seafood instead, but we had wanted to try a luau and this seemed the best way to combine the 2.

I agree about the special packages, if you can get one of them. We got the ambassador package - step down from addictedtwo's. The differences were we were with a group (I think maybe 6 or 8), not just us and our seats at the show were a row or two behind the super ambassador rows. Now I wish we had gone to the buffet with the seafood instead, but we had wanted to try a luau and this seemed the best way to combine the 2.

Why do you wish you had gone to the buffet instead of the luau?

I'll answer to what the other poster said from how I would see it knowing what I know (or have already done)

Because we have done a luau with food before which we enjoyed I don't really need to eat poi and the pig again but love king crab and huge shrimp. So If I was to go back I would pass on the luau food and do the buffet. Both shows have good reviews (both Horizon and Luau).

I think most other Luau's out there offer the dinner and show as a pkg.

Hope this helps.

From what I have heard about the buffet, the seafood was very good. We picked the luau because we had never been to one and we can get good seafood here, so we wanted to try the different food that a luau provides. It was good, but some of the side dishes were just not our taste (like the poi). We would not have known without trying it. I haven't given up though, we plan on going to another luau when we go next year.

You might try pulling up the PCC web site, I think they had the menu listed for the luau so you can get an idea for yourself whether it appeals to you.

Don't let me confuse you, the luau was good, my DH is picky and there were things he ate and enjoyed, just not as many as we thought there might be.

Food is so subjective........

Archived