Anyone aboard the Spirit 10/24?

Martita B.

Martita, What is our head count of CC'ers on the Spirit cruise? Have we got enough to staff the ship yet? If we have an empty state room I can bring my horse along, she does lots of fancy tricks and is beautful to look at, she could probably even pull a cart for sightseeing excursions.

Let me know what you think? Robbie:)

:D

If you are willing to do that...we are going to book too. We will bring our wonderful 80 lb. Weimaraner with us..and I am certain that she and your darling will adore each other. On the special needs sheet..we can put kibble and you can put oats....though..Tempe will adore the leftovers as well..Lola :D

I believe we'll have 11 CCer's aboard the Spirit, Oct. 24th. I e-mailed Miami as to the occupancy of the sailing and I was surprised to learn it's a sell out!! Yep, the total is 205 Guests.

Soo, no horses, dogs or critters ~~maybe we can catch us a 'lit bird along the way like we did on a Crossing a few years ago. He was either Portuguese or African. We discovered him 2nd day out ~~he had built a nest under the barbecue cover by the jacuzzi. Twice a day we would feed & water him. One afternoon late, he flew out and performed some great "sky dives" ~~he was soooo colorful!:D I told Capt. Dexter we were feeding/watering our stow-away mascot~~ funny thing.....he had even placed a few bread crumbs under the white tarp. Pride Mascot is probably still healthy & happy living in Ft Lauderdale with a retired galfriend!:D

See 'ya at Sail-a-bration!

Martita B.

Correction ~~I've counted 12 CCer's that will be aboard the Spirit.

I'll go down and visit with the Cheffy as to his hosting a "Shopping Trek" in one of the ports. I haven't inquired as to it being already planned ~~if not, I'll twist a few "limbs!":eek:

Also, we discovered just last March that the "Fry Chef" makes THE most devine fried onion rings! JB and I had a standing order for these at luncheon ~~a big platter! I'd gather the butter plates, heap the fabulous tempura battered rings on, then play "waitress" and share with the tables around us! Boy, 'ole Martin was surely busy, busy frying onions the entire Crossing! After the Galley Market Luncheon I strolled back to the kitchen and brought Martin out for a standing ovation! Most deserving ~

Martita B.

• 5 weeks later...

Martita you have all of us salivating for those onion rings. I guess since the ship is full I will have to leave my horse at home, Mr Foxy is still trying to figure out a way to bring his labrador (perhaps as a service dog ;)

We leave Knoxville in 4 weeks for Rome, see you at the sky bar. Robbie

Robbie

JB and I fly to Rome from Dallas on Oct. 22nd. We'll drive down to the ship Oct. 24th ~

Heard from friends aboard now that the sweet 'lit Stewardess's have new uniforms. They are wearing pants suits!:confused: I've always looked forward to seeing them in their adorable crisp bibbed Norwegian dresses.

Also learned the Staff Captain is a dear old friend from the Pride,

Kai Odegard. Am thrilled Kai's aboard.

We'll have to order the fabulous fried onions rings ~~best in the world!

See 'ya at the Sky Bar

Martita B.

Robbie

JB and I fly to Rome from Dallas on Oct. 22nd. We'll drive down to the ship Oct. 24th ~

Heard from friends aboard now that the sweet 'lit Stewardess's have new uniforms. They are wearing pants suits!:confused: I've always looked forward to seeing them in their adorable crisp bibbed Norwegian dresses.

Also learned the Staff Captain is a dear old friend from the Pride,

Kai Odegard. Am thrilled Kai's aboard.

We'll have to order the fabulous fried onions rings ~~best in the world!

See 'ya at the Sky Bar

Martita B.

They look very smart and the girls prefer them. One said they looked part of the Von Trapp family in the long dresses.

>"Also, we discovered just last March that the "Fry Chef" makes THE most devine fried onion rings!"

Several years ago on the Pride crossing from London, Dooley introduced us to the delicious onion rings. He would order them for the table. You are right, very addicting! (But not as much as the breadsticks....somehow they seem more dietetic!)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to being lazy and enjoying Cheffy's good food!

As JB and I don't book "organized" excursions I also am looking forward to wandering a'round some of the Spanish Coastal towns.

My " perch" is the farest on the right of the Sky Bar ~~by the bar service kitchen ~~I'll see all of you there for Sail-a-bration!

Say "Yippppeee."

Martita B.

My Cruise Critic Guests count, so far is 11 ~~ listed is:

Jim & Robbie

Janie Lou (?)

Anne & husband

Nancy & companion

bfsr9 & husband

Martita & JB

Hope I haven't left anyone out ~~if so please add your name.

I'm sure we'll see Seabourn friends aboard as the sailing is a sell out.

Looking foward to Oct. 24th:p

Martita B.

Thanks for doing the roll call count Martita. Jim and I are really excited to be back on the Spirit and meet you. Janie Lou is traveling solo and Anne's husband is Steve. We will be looking for you on your "perch" in less than 2 weeks now. Robbie

Sailor's

Had a reply e-mail today from Chef Bjoern writing he'd be more than happy to make us tempura-battered onion rings! :D

Great news! ~~ Bjoern is a fine young man and accomplished chef.

(was Ex. Pride Chef)

Safe flights & travels to Rome ~~

Martita B.

Sailor's

Had a reply e-mail today from Chef Bjoern writing he'd be more than happy to make us tempura-battered onion rings! :D

(was Ex. Pride Chef)

Martita B.

His molten chocolate cake is to die for.

We got the recipe when he did a cooking demo on Pride. Very easy to make and very practical.

Sailor's

(was Ex. Pride Chef)

Martita B.

Wow, sounds yummy! See you on board! Safe travels to you also Martita and looking forward to Sailaway :cool:

Anne & Steve

Also had mail from Nick Hale, CD ~~said he was excited we were coming aboard Oct 24th to join him!:D

Fingers Xed for a warm and sunny sailing ~~

'Bon Voyage

Martita B

You will have fun with Nick..so personable..and hard working. Lola

I certainly agree ~~Nick Hale works so hard but always has a huge smile on his face. I sailed with him last Christmas on the Pride. He and Luca could have a two man award winning "act"! I didn't know until this sailing that Luca can play the piano and sing! I wandered into the dining room while the waiters were preparing for Galley Luncheon ~~'lo and behold Luca was entertaining the staff! Playing and singing "to beat the band.":D He's very talented.

Martita B.

I certainly agree ~~Nick Hale works so hard but always has a huge smile on his face. I sailed with him last Christmas on the Pride. He and Luca could have a two man award winning "act"! I didn't know until this sailing that Luca can play the piano and sing! I wandered into the dining room while the waiters were preparing for Galley Luncheon ~~'lo and behold Luca was entertaining the staff! Playing and singing "to beat the band.":D He's very talented.

Martita B.

We have sailed with Luca for years and did not know of his talent..but then..I should have..most of my favorite entertainers were Italian..Sinatra, Martin, Como, and of course..the Three Tenors. Enjoy your wonderful trip Martita..Lola

We have sailed with Luca for years and did not know of his talent..but then..I should have..most of my favorite entertainers were Italian..Sinatra, Martin, Como, and of course..the Three Tenors. Enjoy your wonderful trip Martita..Lola

The Three Tenors were two Spanish, Placido Domingo and Jose Carreras and one Italian, Pavarotti. Of the crooners of course they had Italian links but American born.

Lola

I've also sailed with Luca many times ~~but I didn't have a clue as to his musical talents until I caught him! He really needs to be on the stage! It was cute when he was playing an singing and the waiters were all singing along with him! A very happy crew~:D

Thank you for your Bon Voyage ~~luggage was just picked up so

time is drawin' near:p

MB

Archived