Can't decide-Dream, Epic, Oasis oh my!

bubblysexycool

I am torn between 3 cruises.

Carnival Dream - already booked for June 2010

NCL Epic - can't stop looking at those pix really think my DS would love this ship

RCCL Oasis - sis wants to try this ship because it's going to Falmouth.

The Dream and Epic have the same intinerary (Eastern) and the Dream is the cheapest of the three. I really don't care about the price. After seeing the Oasis and Epic I'm just not all that impressed with the renderings of the Dream. Help :p

Hands down, Oasis. :D But I have always been a little biased. ;)

I think oasis will be AMAZING for kids. I just haven't seen anything else that impresses me as much.

I second that! Oasis is the way to go.

I'm getting ready to book May 2010 tomorrow....Yipee!

Oasis does look beautiful.

We are going on Carnival Dream though because all our kids will be able to do kids camp and its WAY cheaper for us.

Maybe in another year or so we can try Oasis. :)

NCL Epic - can't stop looking at those pix really think my DS would love this ship

The Dream and Epic have the same intinerary (Eastern) and the Dream is the cheapest of the three. I really don't care about the price. After seeing the Oasis and Epic I'm just not all that impressed with the renderings of the Dream. Help

Hi Stranger ;), I have to second the post ahead of mine that says The Carnival Dream :-). Surprised :D ? While I do agree that "Oasis" will no doubt be VERY IMPRESSIVE it will also be holding 5,000 people plus 1,500 Crew:eek:.. That is ALOT no matter HOW BIG a ship is as fair as Boarding and Debarkation. Not to mention try to get a lounge chair by the pool or some private time:D. Epic looks Neat also but both compared to the Dream are WAY OVERPRICED as they can be right now being brand new.. I was told when I was young to go with your first instict and you will MORE TIMES THEN NOT, be right..:D I think you and your Children will have an Awesome time on the Dream should you choose to stay with us.. We hope you will..:) Kurt

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Dream in April of 2010. We are a family of four, and my kids really enjoyed the RCI Freedom, but the waterslides on the Dream, along with the activities for the teens, and of course, the price (compared to Oasis) made the decision fairly easy. I am a little nervous about the smoking policies on Carnival, I hope it's not a problem for us.

I was also going to say, I'm not impressed with the kid/family features of the Epic. The so-called "family cabins" are exactly the same as a regular cabin and the layout of the cabins doesn't seem particularly great for a family--I am not jazzed about the bathroom-is-the-hallway design. I get so little privacy in my life as a mom, the two seconds I get to pee or take a shower in a bathroom with an opaque door is not something I'm willing to give up.

I was also going to say, I'm not impressed with the kid/family features of the Epic. The so-called "family cabins" are exactly the same as a regular cabin and the layout of the cabins doesn't seem particularly great for a family--I am not jazzed about the bathroom-is-the-hallway design. I get so little privacy in my life as a mom, the two seconds I get to pee or take a shower in a bathroom with an opaque door is not something I'm willing to give up.

I find it so funny how many people don't like the new bathroom design, because I LOVE IT!! I absolutely hate being in a bathroom that is steamy - whether it is from my shower or someone else's - or worse, WHILE they're showering. Of course, I tend to have a different view on privacy than a lot of people, but since I also hate being in small, confined spaces (like a cruise ship bathroom), I can't imagine enjoying privacy if that's where I have to find it. On the other hand, according to the cabin layouts I've seen, Epic does have a curtain that can be pulled across between the interior of the cabin and the 'bathroom' area, so there will actually be more space and less steam. The reason the 'family cabins' are called that is their location; for the families, the cabins are closer to the kids' activities, and for the non-families, there are fewer children around them. Again, I think this was a great idea. As with everything, though, it's is all about perspective. :)

In answer to the OP, I think the clear choice is to keep the booking you have and then plan for the other two in the future. I think you asked the wrong question - rather than 'which one?' you should have been asking 'which one FIRST?' :p I know I'd like to try all three!!!

The Dream and Epic have the same intinerary (Eastern) and the Dream is the cheapest of the three. I really don't care about the price. After seeing the Oasis and Epic I'm just not all that impressed with the renderings of the Dream. Help :p

Any thoughts on Ruby? I too and trying to book something for next year and like the new big ships.

Archived