Opinions/Feedback on Princess's Kids Club

tmitchell82

We will be going on the Crown Princess Western Caribbean in November. We will be taking DD who will be 5 along with us. I was wondering what people who have used the Kids Club on princess thought of it? Do they kids like it? What type of activities do they do? Outside of the kids club, what things did your kids enjoy doing? DD has learned to swim so she will definitely like the pool.

Thanks

Tim

We will be going on the Crown Princess Western Caribbean in November. We will be taking DD who will be 5 along with us. I was wondering what people who have used the Kids Club on princess thought of it? Do they kids like it? What type of activities do they do? Outside of the kids club, what things did your kids enjoy doing? DD has learned to swim so she will definitely like the pool.

Thanks

Tim

My twins absolutely love the kids club on Princess (they were four on our last cruise). In January the first thing they asked when they woke up was if they could go, and then as soon as they ate some dinner they were asking if it was open yet. My biggest complaint with Princess is I think the initial age group is too wide (3-7 I think). But since your child is right in the middle, that won't be an issue. I think if I had a 7 year old who didn't enjoy little kids it could be a problem, but I think it's harder for the 3 year olds who can get intimidated by the much older kids. Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

Our kid's love Princess and their programs! I asked the expert (my 9 year old) what they did: Arts and Crafts, played age appropriate trivia games, played bingo, watch movies, and had a lot of free play to either play video games or pick the craft of the day............. They also had a lego house contest, too:D

It has been our experience, the age ranges will be broken down further if there are more children on your sailing.

My only complaint was when my daughter was really young. Back then they didn't have anything to accommodate the under 3's!

Your family will love it! Princess doesn't get the credit they deserve on cruise critic for some reason! Hopefully we can get more information out there for families........soon!!;)

My DS3 loved loved loved the kids club. We didn't even expect him to go at all, figuring he would want to be with us. But he asked every night to go. We even started to teach him to read our watch so that he could know when 7 o'clock came.

They did crafts and watched movies and played games. We were on a Spring Break cruise with a ton of kids. They had staffed up extra for the month and there were always many counselors around. They gave us a pager each time so that they could locate us if necessary. The first time I left him I was paged five minutes later, but after that, he always wanted to stay. He keeps asking when we are going on a cruise again and can he go to the kids club.

I think cruisinmama has princess kids pages on her site. Be sure to check them out.

When he wasn't at the kids club, he had fun in the pool and loved hanging out on the balcony with us. He ate dinner with us in the dining room most nights and really liked trying some new foods. He loved the cold chilled fruit based soups.

My DS3 loved loved loved the kids club. We didn't even expect him to go at all, figuring he would want to be with us. But he asked every night to go. We even started to teach him to read our watch so that he could know when 7 o'clock came.

They did crafts and watched movies and played games. We were on a Spring Break cruise with a ton of kids. They had staffed up extra for the month and there were always many counselors around. They gave us a pager each time so that they could locate us if necessary. The first time I left him I was paged five minutes later, but after that, he always wanted to stay. He keeps asking when we are going on a cruise again and can he go to the kids club.

I think cruisinmama has princess kids pages on her site. Be sure to check them out.

When he wasn't at the kids club, he had fun in the pool and loved hanging out on the balcony with us. He ate dinner with us in the dining room most nights and really liked trying some new foods. He loved the cold chilled fruit based soups.

Thanks for the feedback. Any advice on how to get a 3 year old to enjoy dinner more? Did they have a kids menu? If so, what was on it? DD is a little picky with her food. Did you ever have DS go to the kids club and then eat without him after 7pm? I can see DD loving to eat on the balcony and eat the pizza. Just discovered the ice cream is now free as well. Did you eat dinner with just your family or were there others at the table? We have anytime dinning and I am not sure how receptive people would be to a 5 year old at the table.

Thanks for the feedback. Any advice on how to get a 3 year old to enjoy dinner more? Did they have a kids menu? If so, what was on it? DD is a little picky with her food.

They have a kids menu. It included pasta, chicken fingers with fries, mini burgers, soup, raw veggies, etc. They also made our daughter (4 1/2) something different one night that wasn't on the menu.

Did you ever have DS go to the kids club and then eat without him after 7pm? I can see DD loving to eat on the balcony and eat the pizza.

A couple of nights we ate alone - once we fed our daughter at the buffet, then took her to the kids' club. Another night they had a kids only dinner, and she wanted to go to that, so we went to Sabatini's.

Just discovered the ice cream is now free as well. Did you eat dinner with just your family or were there others at the table? We have anytime dinning and I am not sure how receptive people would be to a 5 year old at the table.

We were always seated at a table for 4, without anyone else. We didn't ask for this, but did call ahead for a reservation each night.

We were hoping to have our daughter to to the kids' club for one afternoon, and perhaps one evening. After sign up night, she wanted to be there, and not with us, with the exception of formal night, because she wanted to dress up like a princess. So, we took super fancy dresses and she was a hit. They gave her colouring each night in the dining room (a pencil and colourable placemat) and that also helped to keep her busy. They moved us through dinner more quickly that others around us too. Not too fast, but fast enough that she wasn't overly bored.

HOpe that helps!

We were a group of 6, so when it was the six of us at dinner, we were seated just us. One night there were only four of us, including DS, and we shared with another family. I was surprised that they seated us with others, given we had a three year old, but I guess they figured another family would be OK. The other kids at the table were teenage girls.

On two nights, we fed DS at the buffet, then took him to the kids club. That gave us the opportunity to have dinner just the two of us (the other three ate on their own) in the dining room and to try the Crown Grill.

A couple of nights DS ate off the kids menu, but he is used to eating what we eat, so he had fish off the regular menu a couple of nights. We go out to eat usually once a week, not fancy, but at least where he is expected to sit through an hour meal, so he is used to being good at the dinner table. He did like to color on the menu.

The ice cream is free in the Horizon Court between 3:30 and 4:30 in the afternoon, and is available as dessert in the dining room every night. Otherwise, if you want ice cream, you pay for it.

My twins and I have cruised on Princess from ages 13 months to 4 years. In my opinion, meals in the dining room are far superior to meals at the buffet with kids. My girls and I eat 3 meals a day in the dining room. We are always given a table alone (about once a cruise we'll be asked to sit with another group, and I'll explain that it's not fair for the others to have to sit with toddlers - no problem, we're seated elsewhere).

I do bring coloring books, crayons, stickers, etc to each dinner. I bring a new little something each evening, but the waiters are always good about getting us out fairly quickly also. I absolutely love our dinners together on Princess because we never have such stress free meals at home where we can really just sit and enjoy each other.

They do have a kids menu with the usual items. I have an extremely picky eater, and her all-time favorite food item is the fettuccini alfredo on Princess - it is heavenly. There are usually items on the adult menu that even my picky eater will enjoy as well.

Have a great time - I'm envious and ready to go again myself.

Best,

Mia

Archived