First time cruiser here....

boothe316

Hey everyone, how's it going? My wife and I are taking our first cruise on June 15, on the Inspiration taking a 5 day cruise to the Cayman Islands. We've never done this before, and honestly, it seems kinda overwhelming. Any advice/recommendations would greatly be appreciated! What is fun to do on the ship.....off shore excursions.....anything.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Just relax and enjoy yourselves. Spend some time on these boards before you go and you will learn everything you need to know - and some things you didnt need to know!!!

Have a great time. Be sure to take plenty of pictures to show us when you get back:D

You will LOVE Inspiration. She was my first cruise and is to blame for my addiction to cruising. Best advice I have is to make sure you have proper documents to board ship. Passport/or drivers license and certified (not hospital) birth certificate. Once you are on board, you will have a great time.

I would suggest Stingray City in Grand Cayman. It truly is a wonderful experience. I am so excited for you...have a GREAT cruise!

Welcome to the addiction known as cruising. You can do as much or as little as you want on the ship. Like another poster stated, spend some time on here and you will be well educated on cruising and the ports you visit. Have a great time.

Hey everyone, how's it going? My wife and I are taking our first cruise on June 15, on the Inspiration taking a 5 day cruise to the Cayman Islands. We've never done this before, and honestly, it seems kinda overwhelming. Any advice/recommendations would greatly be appreciated! What is fun to do on the ship.....off shore excursions.....anything.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!

You'll love the Inspiration. She was my first Carnival ship and I happy as a clam every time I board her...

Cayman is lovely. You'll do two days there, right? You HAVE to do Seven Mile Beach... probably the most amazing sand in the world!! You also have to do the Stingray City tour. It's fantastic!!!

I have a bunch of photos of the Inspiration here:

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/mach_man/Inspiration/

and here:

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/mach_man/Inspiration%202/

Enjoy!!

Ooooo... I forgot to mention, you MUST be on deck, preferably forward observation area on the Verandah Deck or higher, as you pass under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge!! It's awesome!! You can see a short video I shot of the event here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3085226370103172871GvTEcd

:)

Thanks a bunch!!!

Just relax.;) I know how you feel. I felt overwhelmed too. You will love the Inspiration. We liked it so much last year we are sailing on her again in January. The ship might seem kind of hard to get around at first because the dining rooms are in the middle so not every elevator goes to every floor. But you you will figure it out quickly. We got off the ship in Grand Cayman and went across the street to Margarietaville (sp?) and that is as far as we got!!:o But on Cozumel we booked an AI at the resort Nachi Cocum. For 50.00pp you get all you can drink and a 3 course meal (but we pretty much ate all day) beach front chairs and palapas and they also have a pool with a swimup gratto bar!! Very Nice!!! YOu will have a great time. Just take it all in and don't stress out trying to do too much. Take care and welcome to cruising. It won't be your last!!

Frrances

Welcome to the cruise critic boards. You will have so much fun in the Caymans Islands.

We almost did your same cruise for next week on a

last minute, but end up getting a great deal on Glory... But Grand Cayman

is one of our favorite ports.

I would suggest the doing a stingray city tour. You can get it much cheaper

by a local operator than on the ship.

If you enjoy the beach I would sugguest 7 mile beach. Two years ago we

rented a hotel room for the day only. With special day rate, you have access

to the private beach, pool, hotel, room, etc. Its only cost you a few dollars

per person for a taxi. Doing this last year at the Marriott it was one of

the best days we had.

Here a picture of the beach.... Have fun!

2390296330102406380S600x600Q85.jpg

I love the Inspiration! I have cruised on her 3 times. My first 7 day was on the Inspiration.

Of all the excursions that I have been on Reef, Rays and Rum Point in Grand Caymen is my favorite. I booked through http://www.nativeway.com We got to swim with the stingrays, snorkel, and then go to Rum Point for lunch. They take your order onboard the boat and it is ready for you when you get there. We had Mahi Mahi, corn on the cob, rice, yummmmm!

It was 65 dollars pp but that was about two years ago. Do a search for Rum Point on http://www.webshots.com It was so much fun!

I love the Inspiration! I have cruised on her 3 times. My first 7 day was on the Inspiration.

Of all the excursions that I have been on Reef, Rays and Rum Point in Grand Caymen is my favorite. I booked through www.nativeway.com We got to swim with the stingrays, snorkel, and then go to Rum Point for lunch. They take your order onboard the boat and it is ready for you when you get there. We had Mahi Mahi, corn on the cob, rice, yummmmm!

It was 65 dollars pp but that was about two years ago. Do a search for Rum Point on www.webshots.com It was so much fun!

I second Nativeway Tours!!!! Smaller groups, and this is especially important at Stingray City...not herded onto boats and the guides are able to interact more with the guests. Rum Point is absolutely incredible.

I second Nativeway Tours!!!! Smaller groups, and this is especially important at Stingray City...not herded onto boats and the guides are able to interact more with the guests. Rum Point is absolutely incredible.

so true! The day we went there were us, a family of four, and another couple!

They even let us drive their boat! It was a great time and when I go back I will definetly do it again. Isn't Rum Point one of the most beautiful places?

so true! The day we went there were us, a family of four, and another couple!

They even let us drive their boat! It was a great time and when I go back I will definetly do it again. Isn't Rum Point one of the most beautiful places?

Without a doubt! And relaxing too since its out of the way for most tours.

Someone told me its one of the locations for filming Corona commercials. I'd believe that!

Thats neat they let you drive the boat. The guides are incredibly friendly! When we go back to Cayman, we will be repeat customers too.

Archived