Does anyone decorate your door??

Hi..

We have decorated our door also. We used poster putty and it worked really well. Nothing ever fell off. We had a cabin last year right off the mid main elevators so it did make it easy to see our cabin from there but other passengers told us it made it easy for them too. They saw our door and immediately knew if they had to turn left or right in the hallway to go to their cabin.

Kim:)

I did the Cruise Critic sign on silver paper and put it in a clear sleeve and put self stick magnetic strips on the back. It was the only door I saw anything on. But, it was good to find the room, they do all look alike.

I got some of the rubber window stickee for the balcony door and a hanging parrot for inside the room and a palm tree for the little table. I have a picture of each towel animal siting next to the palm tree.

Does anyone know if the doors are magnetic? I want to decorate ours since we will be leaving on the 4th of July and have a small dry erase board that is magnectic. We are on the Glory!

Thanks!

Tam

Yes they are magnetic but if you can go to a teacher's supply-type store you can buy something called tacky tape. It is a spongy tape that is tacky on both sides but does not leave a residue when you take it off.

We always decorate our doors. One year I had a door-size poster made for my sister's 61th birthday :eek:. This past year we sailed during Mardi Gras and really decorated our door. If I can find the memory stick with all the photos I'll come back and post them here.

I just found one:

I was going to ask this EXACT same question! Thanks for putting it up!

I remember seeing Cruise Critic signs with the passengers' on line names - thought it was great! I LOVE those fish LadyJag. Where did you find them?

Me thinks I'll be taking a trip to Party Central tomorrow for decorations! :D

Thanks! Some of the fish I got from Oriental Trading Co. The jumbo fat fish I got from my local dollar store. At 6 or 8 for a buck, it was great deal! We even used them for our window so we could spot our cabin from port, and I put some up around my daughter's bed so she could "sleep with the fishes." :D

213windowview.jpg

112hi.jpg

Yep I try. :D

On Disney, we did the whole DisBoard fish extender thing. On Carnival Elation, it was close to Christmas so I used gift bows all over the door. On Sensation, Freedom and Independence, we had a birthday or anniversary going on so those decorations went on the door.

Now with Triumph, I'll have to think of something. I don't think I could find my cabin without them. ;)

Michelle, certainly your family knows about the cruise by now...right? ;)

Yep ;) I told them on Easter. I was able to keep the Disney cruise a secret until we drove into the port. I knew I wouldn't be able to do it again. :D

I'll change my signature when I get back. :D

I had already bought 8 beachy themed flags for our 8 cabin doors for our Dec 3rd cruise, but now I'm wondering if I just get some Christmas themed flags. When does Carnival decorate the ship for Christmas?

We decorated our door too. We had people stop and knock on our door asking us what our decoration meant!!!! It was awesome. We also had another girl in our group who decorated their door. It was a lot of fun. We will be decorating our doors on all of our cruises. And you are so right about the ease of finding our room!!!!!!

Our door:

2457606810103786376S600x600Q85.jpg

Southern Honey's Door:

2106834390103786376S600x600Q85.jpg

We love door decorations!!!!!!

We will be cruising on the Pride for my sister's graduation. Does anyone know if their doors are metal or not? I may just get the tacky tape that was being discussed. Also, what are your thoughts on white boards for messages to each family we are going with?

Archived