Booking Restaurants?

How close to the cruise does the restaurant reservations normally open?

We were able to do our in Nov. for a Jan. cruise. They also save openings for when you board the ship. If you go to the resturant of your choice when you board you the ship you should have plenty of options open for you!

Enjoy your cruise!

I do, sorry I have certainly neglected this thread but have gone and pulled out the menus from our Dec, 2008 Liberty cruise to give you all an idea of what a treat you have instore for you if you book one of these meals.The lunch price was $49.50 (but also got a great tote bag and menu box) and dinner was $54.50, this is per person. Before each meal you met for a champagne reception...

Wine and Dine Pairing Lunch:

1) Mediterranean Trio - Yellow Fin Tuna Carpaccio w/ginger, spiced Gazpacho with tomato granita, double-cooked parmesan and ricotta souffle with chive dip served with Danzante Pinot Grigio

2) Taste of Venezia - marinated and fried Calamari, Shimp Ravioli and Lobster with lemon butter served with Lindemans Bin 77 Chardonnay

3) Santorini Salad - classic Greek salad with Meridian Merlot

4) Valle d'Aosta Lamb - rack of lamb, mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables and rosemary sauce served with Stone Cellars Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon

5) Monte Carlo Finale - Crepes Suzette with Grand Marnier Sauce and home-style vanilla ice cream served with Errazuriz Sauvignon Blanc from Chile (we thought we would hate this sweet fine but it was unbelieveable, tasted like fresh grapefruits and sun!)

6) Finishing touches, a speciality coffee and petit fours

Ok, I am reliving that lunch again and wish I was there, will take a little break and then give you the dinner menu, lol.

Wine Pairing Dinner:

1) Tuna Carpaccio and Tomato Tartare served with Danzante Pinot Grigio

2) Pan -Seared Bay Scallops and Lobster served with La Vite Lucente Sangiovese/Merlot Blend

3) House Salad

4) Roasterd Beef Medallions, parmesan custard, asparagus, sweet corn puree and golden shallot reduction served with Il Ducale Sangiovese, Ruffino

5) Marscarpone and Strawberry Crepes served with the Errazuriz Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc

Coffe or Tea

These are what WE had and I'm sure they can and do change the menus from ship to ship and maybe cruise to cruise so don't expect the exact menus or you might be disappointed. Both meals outstanding and well worth the extra $ in our opinion. Just make sure you have most of your packing done if one of the lunches is offered on the last sea day, naps definitely in order after all that wine, lol...Hope this helps.

Archived