Fitness Area/Gym on the Spirit???

MBurke17

Just curious...to those who have sailed on the Spirit...can you describe the fitness/gym area? I have had heart surgery in the last year and want to keep up with my workouts. Any idea if the treadmills are compatible with Polar heart monitors?

Thanks for your help,

Michael

Running: Gym has 7 or 8 treadmills but most were randomly speeding up and slowing down a little and I found them frustrating. There is a single-lane 275 meter track on deck 13 which is billed in the daily bulletin as both a walking and a jogging track. The afternoon of the sailaway and late morning of sailing into Bermuda don't bother--people hang out there to sightsee and the staff is reluctant to do anything about that. For that matter part of it runs between the Bier Garden bar and some tables. Port days, cold days and early morning are best, though early morning you'll have the company of lots of walkers.

Walking: Treadmills are fine for walking, as deck 13 track and the deck 7 promenade, which is about 560 meters ad probably the most fun.

Swimming: Two aquaswim pools which I didn't use but which I heard worked well.

Other aerobics: Elipticals (I think), stationary bikes, and classes, some of which are free.

Weights: about 8 machines plus free weights.

Bermuda: There are some limited running opportunities in Bermuda, which is tough because the roads are narrow. But you can do it and also of course swimming, snorkeling etc. and one of the shore excursions involves bicycling on the railway trail.

DH of Gettingtoyes

Archived