Can you help me ID this beach location in Nassau?

atlantamoi

I was on the Big Red Boat in 1996 and they took us to a beach in Nassau that had palm trees with rope hammocks, little pools of water in a rocky area and your typical white sandy Caribbean beach (all of this was in the same location). Now, I could be getting this mixed up with Freeport, but I'm thinking it was Nassau. The cruise company also fed us lunch from a covered picnic-type area.

Does this location ring a bell to anyone? I looked at pictures of Cabbage Beach and only saw a wide open beach. We're going in August and I'd love to return to the location I mentioned.

This looks like Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau to me. Go to dolphinencounters dot com and you can see pictures of the island and see if that is it. I just came from there on Thursday and it looks like it to me.

Okay, found a pic from '96 of the beach I'm talking about. If nobody knows where this is do you maybe know of anywhere like it? I love the beach, but also enjoy the cool shade just as much!

Could be Rose Island. There used to be quite a few day trips there that include a bahamian lunch.. but most of the island is off limits these days.

Flying Cloud still goes there for snorkeling.. and the Robinson Crusoe tour goes to a different part of the islands.

Were there other islands in the distance that you could see??

Could be Rose Island. There used to be quite a few day trips there that include a bahamian lunch.. but most of the island is off limits these days.

Flying Cloud still goes there for snorkeling.. and the Robinson Crusoe tour goes to a different part of the islands.

Were there other islands in the distance that you could see??

and i thought you would know that location right off the top of your head:p

Archived