MSC v RCL

spirite

Hi. We have cruised a far bit on Royal Caribbean (out of the US). We (two adults and two pre-teens) are looking for a med cruise and MSC seem to have some nice itineraries.

Reviews on MSC are mixed and we wondered how we might find it having only cruised RCL before.

Has anyone got any views? Especially interested in food, kids facilities and general atmosphere.

Thanks!

Been on 8 RCI cruises, one X and many CCL and then tried MSC. Loved MSC but then again I was looking for something different. I did not cruise in the med though so I know that is a totally different area. We cruised out of FLL and on MSC ORCHESTRA. We loved the ship, the staff, the entertainment.

We did not bring kids so I can not comment on that either. Those med cruises are port intensive. I do not think there is anything to worry about once on the ship about activities to do. There is plenty,and such a beautiful ship. Although you will find others from many other cultures... should be fun for all!

Hi. We have cruised a far bit on Royal Caribbean (out of the US). We (two adults and two pre-teens) are looking for a med cruise and MSC seem to have some nice itineraries.

Reviews on MSC are mixed and we wondered how we might find it having only cruised RCL before.

Has anyone got any views? Especially interested in food, kids facilities and general atmosphere.

Thanks!

Spirite - In the past five years we have done three Caribbean cruises on Royal Caribbean, one on Princess and one this past April on MSC. We have decided that Royal Caribbean has it hands down over the other two cruiselines as far as food, service, entertainment and customer base. MSC does have the kids 17 and under travel free, but I am happy to pay the additional four or five hundred or whatever it may be for our two teens and enjoy the Royal Caribbean experience. Here is the link to my MSC Orchestra review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=54331

Again, I can only speak of the Caribbean cruise experience and it may be different on the Mediterranean with MSC, but I wouldn't risk it. I would stick with a sure thing.

Happy sailing!

Archived