Should I be UPSET or Grateful!

[quote name='magandab']Although unattractive with some outfits, I avoid this problem with a product called a BinoHarness. It's a configuration that holds your camera, or camera bag, against your body. The wide elastic helps steady the camera for taking pictures, you can't put the camera down, and you can carry it hands-free. On our cruise to Alaska DH had binoculars on his, I had my camera on mine. I swear we could have paid for our cruise if we'd brought a suitcase full to sell to other passengers. The are made by Crooked Horn Outfitters in Tehachapi, CA. They are also available at many sporting goods shops with their own names on them. Photo from the Crooked Horn website.

[URL]http://www.crookedhorn.com/cms/shop.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.chcustom.tpl&product_id=31&category_id=12[/URL]

[IMG]http://www.crookedhorn.com/cms/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Slide___Flex_Bin_496f6f8bd7eab.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Had one.Was a piece of Crap

[quote name='ruralgourmet']Somewhat long story short....

I pleaded that that camera was of no consequence it was the memory card that was important.[/quote]

Which is why you should think "small" in memory cards, not big (I'm a contrainan I know). I took all of my memory cards of various sizes on our cruise, and swapped them out every every couple of days, that way if the camera was lost I wouldn't lose everything.

I left a credit card at a counter of a coffee shop in Vancouver the morning we were suppose to board for Alaska. My husband went back and asked and they didn't have it. I KNEW I had left it there, so I went back myself about 30 minutes later and yes, an employee had picked it up and put it in some drawer. I think that sometimes when we find things missing and immediately go check we should keep checking to let the missing items reach the right people, sometimes this takes a while.

[quote name='DCwom']Which is why you should think "small" in memory cards, not big (I'm a contrainan I know). I took all of my memory cards of various sizes on our cruise, and swapped them out every every couple of days, that way if the camera was lost I wouldn't lose everything.[/quote]

I have also done this. For my upcoming cruise however, I bought a netbook and will load my photos onto it each day, filed in separate, dated, labeled folders. That way I have my photos and have a much better chance of remembering where I took each one, and what it was I took! Also, I got me a new toy!

Archived