New to RCCI and have questions

nomie

I may be booking a cruise on Jewel of the Seas in Nov. Believe it or not it is already booked up. Some TA's do have a cabin here and there though. I am looking for a balcony however right now all I can find is oceanview. I have looked at the deck plans but the catagory has me confused because I cannot find a catagory G listed. I think that is what the TA said. Is this good or bad. Right now it is an open booking. I never did that before and wonder how that works. I am also wondering what would be a good price for oceanview and balcony. One last question. Is RCCI as nice as Princess? Thanks.

Hi I suggest you tryy calling rccl directly for a booking if it is already booked that prob means that there are some large groups going on.. Tey usually start dropping off once final payment is due.. If you call Rccl directly you prob will have a better chance of getting a balcony as it seems strange that they are all booked already.. Have not done proncess yet that is on my list of to do's but Rccl is great Enjoy.

Hi nomie:

Welcome to RC..........do you still have my e-mail adress from the Caribbean Princess?? Fire me an e-mail and I'll try and help you........haven't specifically sailed the Jewell of the Seas but have done the Brilliance. You will love the Radiance class ships. I'm not familiar with Category G........let me know specifically what you are looking for and I'll try and help you.

Jim

I did call RCCL and yes they are booked up. It is a repositioning 12 day cruise out of Boston all the way to Aruba. That is why it is booked up already. I am now trying to find other TA's who might have a balcony left. I know not to ask on this board and I respect that so I won't. I am already booked on Princess but this cruise is out of Boston where I live and it is an extra 2 days for less $$$$. I really would like to hear from people who have sailed both Princess and RCCI. Hi Jim,I miss our old group! I will send an e-mail if I can find it or you can e-mail me at reennee2@aol.com. All other e-mails are welcome also.

Nomie:

I'll try and fire you an e-mail in the next day or two.........you can always ask them to put you on a wait list for a balcony cabin......this far out, I would be surprised if you didn't get one.......but stranger things have happened.

I did call RCCL and yes they are booked up. It is a repositioning 12 day cruise out of Boston all the way to Aruba. That is why it is booked up already. I am now trying to find other TA's who might have a balcony left. I know not to ask on this board and I respect that so I won't. I am already booked on Princess but this cruise is out of Boston where I live and it is an extra 2 days for less $$$$. I really would like to hear from people who have sailed both Princess and RCCI. Hi Jim,I miss our old group! I will send an e-mail if I can find it or you can e-mail me at reennee2@aol.com. All other e-mails are welcome also.

Hi, We just got back from a 11 night Hawaii sailing on the Legend, and also sailed the Sun Princess to Alaska two years ago. Loved them both! The differences in our opinion were very minor. They both were very organized, had lots to do, and the food was fairly comparable. I know the last (re food) is probably very debatable, but this is our opinion. Oh one thing, we had an outside cabin on the Legend and a Balcony on the Sun Princess, and we had more room to put stuff on the legend. I don't know if that is the same on the other RCCI classes, but we were impressed. Hope this helps. :)

Regarding Formal nights, we noticed that a very large majority of people were dressed up very appropriately for the occassion.

Archived