trying to put 5 in a room what ships do that?

diggem

trying to save money my family want to go on a cruise but don't want to pay 4 full fairs for my family of 5 there is my wife me and three kids 3,5,&11 can anybody help with this problem

The Carnival ships that end in -ION allow 5 people in a cabin, even in Inside cabins.

So ships like Imagination, Sensation, Elation, Fascination, Inspiration - all have cabins that can sleep 5. You just have to get one with 2 lowers, 2 uppers and a rollaway bed.

I have a friend doing 5 in a cabin on Sensation - total cost for 5 was under a $1,000.

Celebrities M-class ships, Millennium, Infinity, Constellation and Summit, all have Family View cabins that sleep 5. The regular bed then two hide a beds in an area seperated by a screen wall. They are good size cabins with a huge deck.

I think some of the other Celebrity ships have "family" cabins but I don't know the details.

I want to ammend my earlier statement, it's actually any Carnival ship built before 2000. So Triumph and under. ;)

And yes, the Dream has a special category with the bathrooms. :)

Then, Royal Caribbean has some family cabins that also hold 5.

The Carnival Holiday and the eight Fantasy class ships (Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Inspiration, Imagination, Fascination, Elation & Paradise) will all allow five in a room. This may also be true of the Destiny, Triumph and Victory, but I am not sure. The Carnival Dream may also have some cabins that sleep five, however, the Dream will not begin sailing until later this year, so I am not sure of what it offers.

Royal Caribbean has some family cabins that will sleep five or more. There are family insides, family promenade view (on the five Voyager class and three Freedom class ships) and family ocean view cabins that will sleep six. There is a family balcony, except that it is actually a family suite (Royal Family Suite), so it is fairly expensive, but it will sleep eight.

Norwegian also has a suite that will sleep six, but it is very expensive (around $25K per week).

Princess has some family cabins, but I don't know how many they will sleep.

The Dream is so new, it is still being built. So you have to look for September 2009 and later.

if you go to carnivals website, then view funship/funship fleet. choose dream and then view itineraries.

it will not allow you to book 5 in a cabin online though. you have to call for pricing thru carnival or a TA. pricing though is about between an oceanview and balcony room.

Dream comes to port canaveral Dec 3, 2009.

We were in a Family Ocenview on Explorer (Voyager Class) and it holds up to 6. I thought that is was fairly roomy but wished it had a balcony. The Freedom Class ships have more options but you have to talk to RCCL or a TA directly to get info. on availability and pricing for these cabins.

We were in a Family Ocenview on Explorer (Voyager Class) and it holds up to 6. I thought that is was fairly roomy but wished it had a balcony. The Freedom Class ships have more options but you have to talk to RCCL or a TA directly to get info. on availability and pricing for these cabins.
There are family sized cabins with a balcony. However, the cabins are actually suites (Royal Family Suite). The RFS has two bedrooms, two bathrooms and sleeps eight.

In my (limited) experience, when you see the word 'suite' expect to pay much more. It's often cheaper to get two cabins next to each other (adjoining, connecting, or across the hall) than to book a suite. With two cabins, you also get a second bathroom.

• 3 weeks later...
We were on the Carnival Imagination for Christmas 2008 & it was spacious enough for us, myself, DH, DD11, DD8, DD6.

Did your room have twin beds that did not convert to a king, a sleeper sofa and bunks? That's what our room has on the DReam for Feb 2010. I'm a little irritated because DH and I will not be able to sleep together. :( But it's not a deal breaker. Just wondered what your experience was. Thanks!

Did your room have twin beds that did not convert to a king, a sleeper sofa and bunks? That's what our room has on the DReam for Feb 2010. I'm a little irritated because DH and I will not be able to sleep together. :( But it's not a deal breaker. Just wondered what your experience was. Thanks!

We are sailing Dream too and Im not upset at all about not being able to sleep at night with my husband. I can live for a week being in my own bed.

And with the kids in the room it states rated PG anyways if you know what I mean. ;)

(but hey, thats what camp carnival is for). ;)

We are sailing Dream too and Im not upset at all about not being able to sleep at night with my husband. I can live for a week being in my own bed.

And with the kids in the room it states rated PG anyways if you know what I mean. ;)

(but hey, thats what camp carnival is for). ;)

What are your kids going to be doing while you are at Camp Carnival? :confused:

Our cabin was set up with 2 twins converted to a king, 2 uppers & a rollaway. When the uppers were down & the rollaway was set up there was still room for us to shower & change in the morning before we went for breakfast. I will try to see if I have photos.

Archived