Advice regarding transportaion and airport with Princess cruise orginating and debark

lkmamom

Everyone is always so helpful with travel advice. We have disembarked in New York before but so long ago I am sure things have changed. I am in the process of planning for flights and the times are all over te board from very early morning (which I know we would never make) to very late afternoon, which we would rather not do. We have actually cruised in and out of New York before but it was a long time ago and I am sure things have changed. We plan to plan our flights to and from LGA. The last time we cruised we stayed a night precruise in Brooklyn and then taxied to the pier. The taxi driver had no idea where to go and I was so glad that I had printed a map which showed directions. We would really like to fly in the day of the cruise this time and I really think it would work. I guess I am still a little nervous after having a taxi driver that did not know where he was going.

So......after all that :rolleyes:, suggestions please regarding what those of you who have done this #1 would using Princess transfers be best to get from LGA to the pier? #2 what is the earliest time for debarkation ( I am looking at a 10:30 am flight but I think that is a little too close) and time to get to LGA and best way to do it private limo, Princess transfers again or taxi?:confused: Or should I look at flights leaving more around noon time.

Thanks so much for your help, hope this was not too confusing.

Linda

Archived