Roatan - how to spend our day

sdel65

Hi

I'm going to Roatan for a day on Carnival Liberty with 2 kids.

I would greatly appreciate your advises on how to spend our day there.

Definitely, would like to have a nice beach stop that would be suitable for my kids ( no stones, rocks).

Any other suggestions? any recommendations on the tour companies?

Thank you all in advance.

Sofia

If all you want is a beach, then a ship's tour to Tabyana, or a taxi to any of the beaches at the West End area is good. If you want to see more of the island, including beach time, check out Victor Bodden tours - boddentours.com - and the "Best of Roatan" tour. You'll have a personal driver (at a per person charge), and can design your own tour - they can stop at the Iguana Farm, take you by shipwrecks for photo ops, see the monkeys and other animals, even zipline, and of course, beach time. My son and I did this when we were in Roatan, and had a great day!

My bet is to take them to Fins and Flippers. You can swim at the beach, snorkel out further, very clean, private, safe and they have several wonderful rescued exotic animals. We got to talk with the zookeepers, got so close to Ozzy the ocelot that we could hear him purr, had wonderful chez lounges on the beach (in the shade), outstanding food and drink. It was a delightful, relaxing day and was very reasonably priced. The entrance fee is $20 if you book online, that includes a boat trip from the cruise terminal, very clean, modern restrooms, the animal exihibits, a self-guided tour and history of the area, swimming pool, etc.

It was one of the best shore excursions we've booked.

Enjoy yourselves!

Archived