Hotel in New Orleans?

OK2Cruise

Hi! We are sailing the Conquest on 3/20. I read on a previous post that the Hilton Riverside offered a $99 rate (pre cruise) which included parking for 7 days. I just contacted them and was informed that rate was sold out and best available rate is $219. Any ideas? We will be travelling with two adults and two children ages 6 and 8.

Thanks for your help!

Skip

You might also want to contact Prytania Park Hotel for info regarding their rates for the time frame you are needing. Our TA has booked my group for a wkend pre-cruise stay there. It is located less than one mile from the pier. I can let you know what I think of it when we return, if you want. The website is as follows: http://www.prytaniaparkhotel.com/

FYI: I encourage you to check out the Port of Calls Board that can also be found on the Cruise Critic website and look under New Orleans. Plenty of hotel info can be found. Much success in finding something that will please you all. :D

Happy sailing,

T.

I stayed at the Doubletree in October. I liked the hotel. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was very good. My room was small, and there were some signs of the hotel's age. But, it was attractive. If you don't have much luggage, the hotel is easily within walking distance of the port.

The only minus . . . noise! The soundproofing was awful. The sound of water running in other rooms was loud of enough to wake me up. I could also hear my neighbors, and I don't believe they were talking loud.

I got the Doubletree for $55 (or $60) a night on Priceline.

Archived