Quick Question!

Ariels Twin

Good Afternoon everyone.

I am a first time cruiser, and I leave on June 26th. I was curious if anyone could inform me in as much detail as possible about how the internet works on the Pride. I am in school and wanted to try to keep up with some work during the cruise like while sitting by the pool or enjoying a morning latte. I am afraid it will cost an arm and a leg though!

Anyone who can help me would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

Kellen

What people do is work offline then connect and upload. Less minutes used doing it this way.

There are packages available. I think an average rate is 55c a minute. There is also a connection fee.

If you are going to buy a package, the best deals are at the beginning of the cruise. The bigger the package the more "free minutes" provided. Still not cheap but the cheapest they offer. Because of the speed, it is okay for emailing but sucks for surfing. WiFi is only in limited locations on the ship. On that itinerary you should be able to find shore hot spots in Freeport and Grand Turk.

Watch for specials such as buy 10 minutes, get 10 minutes free between the hours of 4-6 pm. The first time will cost $3.95 for a one-time setup fee and $7.50 for 20 minutes. Those 20 minutes will go by in a blink so best not to be relaxing by the pool if you have to get online.

Archived