Long Beach hotel advice

sbfanatic

I have a group of 30+ people going on the Splendor on 1-3-10. The majority of us are coming out early on new years eve day, a couple on the 1st and the rest on 1-2. We want to stay very close to the hotel base on new years eve and then do a little sightseeing on friday and/or saturday. We want to be able to walk to restaurants and bars and have things to do near the hotel. We want a nice, clean hotel in safe area in the $90 - $130 range. We found the Courtyard Marriott Long Beach on 1st street that seems to fit the criteria. Can anyone give opinions or suggestions on this hotel or recommend another hotel?

We stayed at the Westin Long Beach.

Got it on hotwire for about 90 dollars. It was marked as Long Beach 3.5* hotel.

Easy walk down to the waterfront where there was many restarants and shops. A grocery store was like 3 blocks to buy coke and water for the cruise.

Excellent hotel and great location.

I second the choice for the Westin Long Beach. Also since you will be here for New Year's Day. I would strongly suggest that you check out the floats from the Rose Parade. They will be parked in Sierra Madre (about 30-35 minutes from Long Beach) on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. It cost $7 and they are simply amazing. Here is the link http://tournamentofroses.com/events/showcase.asp

Well I haven't myself styed there (the Long Beach Courtyard Marriott). The hotel gets moderately good reviews with some caveots.

You can read all about it at tripadvisor (they post 25 reviews of the hotel):

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32648-d77584-Reviews-Courtyard_by_Marriott_Long_Beach_Downtown-Long_Beach_California.html

Thanks for the info. Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Long Beach?

Will be staying at the Courtyard in July, the night before our Splendor cruise. I can let you know when I get back how it was.

I can tell you however that we stayed at the Renaissance Long Beach the night before our Thanksgiving cruise. It was a short walk down to the Pike and all of the restaurants, and a quick drive across the bridge to the port. The hotel was very nice and I would stay there again. We would have booked it again this time, but we got a great rate at the Courtyard so we are going to give that one a try.

Be aware that many restaurants (the higher end ones) will probably be booked for New Years' Eve...and some may be closed the next day for the holiday. If there are some that you want to eat at, you may want to see if they have a website so you can plan accordingly.

I have stayed at the Courtyard before, and it was ok. Typical limited service hotel. But you should check out the Hilton. They have a Carnival rate (Call and ask for 'Carnival Cruise Rate') that is $89 with transportation to/from the port, free parking during cruise, free internet, and 2 drink tickets to their bar all included!!) They are only a few blocks to the restaurants downtown but it is a nice hotel and the deal is way cheap!

Happy Cruising!

Be aware that many restaurants (the higher end ones) will probably be booked for New Years' Eve...and some may be closed the next day for the holiday. If there are some that you want to eat at' date=' you may want to see if they have a website so you can plan accordingly.[/quote']

nah, restaurants and stores in the area are open new years day, a lot of Rose Bowl viewing.

To the OP, while I can't give you feed back on the hotel itself, the location will fit what you are looking for. Pine Ave and Shore Line village where all the restaurants, Marina, and Aquarium are located are a short walk of ride on the Passport Buses. The Passport service will be free at the time of your visit. There is a Von's grocery store a block away at Atlantic & Broadway.

Archived