Parking near Sutton Place

We are staying at Sutton Place for 3 nights and I just found out they charge $30 per night for parking (rental car). Are there any other alternatives? Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Parking in the area, in general, is pretty hard to find, and cheap parking, more so. Parking in most downtown Vancouver parkades will run you, on average, about $15/day (but that is not for overnight parking). Here is a website that may help you, but I do not know how current their info is.

http://www.cheapark.com/

My suggestion is to either just pay the parking fee if you want the convenience (it is more hassle than it is worth to try to find daily overnight parking elsewhere), or ditch the car altogether.

If you are going to be mostly sightseeing in downtown Vancouver, you can easily see most of the city on foot or by using public transport (you are very centrally located so it will be a breeze for you). I do not recommend driving in the city because it is a waste of time, and you will find that you WILL lose your patience (difficult to get parking, construction everywhere, people who don't know how to drive, etc). If you need the car for a day trip out of the city, just book one with one of the many car rental companies downtown and pick it up the day of your trip.

Archived