TravelSafe Insurance

dgr231

Hey everyone,

Come this July my final payment for my September cruise on the Miracle will be due. I've been looking into travel insurance and it seems that the best coverage for the price is TravelSafe. I've read some good independent reviews of their product, but I was wondering if anyone on here has had first-hand experience with the company? Any insight is much appreciated.

-D

Hey everyone,

Come this July my final payment for my September cruise on the Miracle will be due. I've been looking into travel insurance and it seems that the best coverage for the price is TravelSafe. I've read some good independent reviews of their product, but I was wondering if anyone on here has had first-hand experience with the company? Any insight is much appreciated.

-D

Yep, unfortunately (?) we had first hand experience with TravelSafe when my 47 year-old DH had a heart attack on board the Liberty back in December 2007. We were very pleased with their service. Between our regular health insurance and TravelSafe, our expenses of over $110,000 were fully covered, and paid within a couple weeks of submitting the claim(s). I mainly got the insurance for such things as trip cancellation, flight problems, lost luggage & such... never thinking we'd have to debark the ship in Grand Cayman, then air-ambulance to Miami where we had to stay for his surgery & stuff. I can't say enough about getting any sort of travel insurance, and TravelSafe was great for us. Our investment of about $44 PP at the time for travel ins. was the best investment ever made.

• 5 weeks later...
Yep, unfortunately (?) we had first hand experience with TravelSafe when my 47 year-old DH had a heart attack on board the Liberty back in December 2007. We were very pleased with their service. Between our regular health insurance and TravelSafe, our expenses of over $110,000 were fully covered, and paid within a couple weeks of submitting the claim(s). I mainly got the insurance for such things as trip cancellation, flight problems, lost luggage & such... never thinking we'd have to debark the ship in Grand Cayman, then air-ambulance to Miami where we had to stay for his surgery & stuff. I can't say enough about getting any sort of travel insurance, and TravelSafe was great for us. Our investment of about $44 PP at the time for travel ins. was the best investment ever made.

Thank you so much for posting this info!!

I was thinking of getting travel insurance through TravelSafe and info like this gives me piece of mind that they are a good company and we will be covered should anything unexpected happen.

Hey everyone,

Come this July my final payment for my September cruise on the Miracle will be due. I've been looking into travel insurance and it seems that the best coverage for the price is TravelSafe. I've read some good independent reviews of their product, but I was wondering if anyone on here has had first-hand experience with the company? Any insight is much appreciated.k

-D

Both TravelSafe Policies look to have more than adequate coverages and have very detailed, readable Policies. Note that their Premier Policy includes "Cancel for Hurricane WARNING" coverage!

ken

Archived