another Splendor (NOT)

doittoit

Just got off the Splendor, No Mexico, No problem, cruise. 5-31-2009. That is I finally got off! I was ready to get off Tuesday, Kept asking how far it would be to swim, and I wasn't the only ones asking. Anyway. We where with friends that are VIP, so getting on was good. that's where it went down hill from there. Rooms, OK. Had balcony, OK. Weather was mostly to bad to use, Even snowed a bit in Astoria, Oregon. Most of the food wasn't that good. the best was the Deli. Breakfast buffet was so so, except the omelets, very good. Dining room was pretty good, so was service. Last 2 CCL time I had to buss tables to sit down for any eating times. This was not the case, Employees must have had a talking too, only one that had a bad attitude.

Ships decor was terrible! colors and details where dime store cheap. looks like they used left over from the dump. Nothing matched, and it was PINK. TV sucked, that's all I can say. Entertainment was what I saw a few years ago. same shows even same songs. And I was on another ship!

Getting off terrible, gangway broke, after an hour they manually moved it to the ship, and just let people off that where in line, 4 guys still scratching there head wondering what was wrong as we finally got off. they never called #'s we where #1 due to our VIP status. We just got in line with the other tired animals, than we had to contend with the parking Zoo and the zoo attendants there. Was never so glad to get away from that place. Oh did I mentioned the unruly kids, not to many but but enough and our cruise mates (they are VIP's) complained about them running in the hall and over people. and CCL never did anything about it. I guess the old saying you get what you pay for. We went due to the price and a last minute calling. Gonna have to think very hard to cruise CCL again. :(

Maybe because of posters "VIP" status (mentioned numerous times!!!!) they expected to be treated as royalty or somtehing?? Oh well Bon Voyage!!!:cool:

No, I don't believe that's it...although there is generally a funny attitude towards anything VIP related in here ;)

Not true here.. My post was sincere... I am not a CCL Cheerleader..;)

Nor am I . . . :D The OP had legitimate complaints about his cruise. He'll probably feel better about his cruise with RCI. Not everybody likes cruising with Carnival. Nor should they.

Incidentally, the OP has already "vented" on the SHOULD I BE AFRAID thread. :)

Maybe because of posters "VIP" status (mentioned numerous times!!!!) they expected to be treated as royalty or somtehing?? Oh well Bon Voyage!!!:cool:

Yes, this was mentioned several times, and if we note...it is NOT the OP who had VIP status, but the OPs friends, so OP was hanging on the friends VIP coattails....

Also, look at OPs signiture, seems they are not pleased with about 1/2 the cruises they have been on....seems like cruising may not be the right choice for them....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(copied from OPs sig)

Carnival Imagination 8-2003 :o

Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas 4-2005 Good

Carnival Valor 4-2006 :mad: <------

Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas 7-2006

Carnival Paradise 4-23-07 :( <------

Monarch of the Seas 8-18-08 bad <------

Carnival Splendor 5-24-2009 Last chance for Carnival <-----

CCL got a "C" on Splendor trip, Might try CCL again in the far distance.

Just an observation...

They are not VIP-their friends were VIP which means they were wanting VIP perks. I have no problem with reading an honest review even if most of it is negative. My problem with this review is most of the points made was someone looking for something to complain about. Decor, weather, children running, etc. are trivial everyday issues you will encounter no matter who you cruise with.

Pat

LOL, you folks just cannot bear one negative word towards CCL can you. Let the person vent. ;)

We let them vent. They said they wouldn't be back so we said bye.

Look at their little smily faces next to their cruise history. Seems they're difficult to please and think that VIP status ensures a great trip. Doesn't work that way.

We've had some cruises better than others and have had things happen that were irritating, but in the end, it's what you make it.

They got a cheap cruise to the Northwest, then complained that it snowed in Astoria. It's not the Mexican Riviera, but, I was minutes from Astoria this weekend and it was very nice, so I question that it snowed at all.

Also, look at OPs signiture, seems they are not pleased with about 1/2 the cruises they have been on....seems like cruising may not be the right choice for them....

Just an observation...

Looks like its not the cruise lines that need a'changin'.... may be the OP's attitude?

just another observation.

It snowed in Astoria??? Really???

That's a real fluke. I lived there for a few years as a kid. It snowed once.

The thing about that part of Oregon.....if it does snow, it won't last long. The rain washes it away.

I really am sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise though. Sounds like a lot of things went wrong for you.

I'm sorry you had a bad trip. We went on this cruise on May 10th and had a wonderful cruise. I posted a review. I'm always confused about what people expect from a trip. What do you want? This mentioning of VIP always sends me into a whirl. I have never experienced any passenger being treated poorly or rudely. The staff goes out of their way to be polite. I think sometimes the people who complain the most are those who are the least likely to be kind in turn to the staff. I imagine these people expect red carpet treatment on a ship with 3000 other passengers. That's just not going to happen and to expect that is to set yourself up for disappointment. You get a lovely room, people to clean up after you, wait on you for all your needs, great scenery and a moving resort. In general nobody does any of this for me at home. Also personally I could care less about the ships decor. It's Carnival - you know like the festivals that the line is named after. It's supposed to be loud and fun. That's the point.

Again we had a great time on the ship and for the price we paid I am forever spoiled for any other trip.

Didn't mean to offend anyone!!:rolleyes:

I love watching the analysis of negative posts... the investigation in to the poster's previous posting history, weather analysis, philosophical debates over whether the person had appropriate expectations. Better than an episode of CSI I tell ya. :D

Right, what do ya suppose ":o" means?

Even if we count ":o" as ok...it still seems that OP is unhappy with 4 out of 7 cruises...not a good track record.

That was a Carnival cruise...

The only cruises the OP was not happy with were Carnival..

The :cool: - means cool

Carnival Imagination 8-2003 :o

Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas 4-2005 Good

Carnival Valor 4-2006 :mad:

Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas 7-2006 :cool:

Carnival Paradise 4-23-07 :(

Monarch of the Seas 8-18-08 bad

Carnival Splendor 5-24-2009 Last chance for Carnival

CCL got a "C" on Splendor trip, Might try CCL again in the far distance.

Archived