another Splendor (NOT)

doittoit

That was a Carnival cruise...

Yeah... I never indicated it wasnt.--so maybe they dont like Carnival cruises

I simply stated that it appears from their sig (and my finely honed CSI skills) that they have been unhappy with at least 4 out of 7 cruises.

Carnival Imagination 8-2003 :o

Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas 4-2005 Good

Carnival Valor 4-2006 :mad:

Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas 7-2006 :cool:

Carnival Paradise 4-23-07 :(

Monarch of the Seas 8-18-08 bad

Carnival Splendor 5-24-2009 Last chance for Carnival

CCL got a "C" on Splendor trip, Might try CCL again in the far distance.

Monarch was "bad" too appearently.

Yeah... I never indicated it wasnt.--so maybe they dont like Carnival cruises

I simply stated that it appears from their sig (and my finely honed CSI skills) that they have been unhappy with at least 4 out of 7 cruises.

Right... and I added all Carnival..

I didnt see that Monarch ... threw me off not have the "Face"... lol

Just for fun...let me ask....What is in Astoria, Oregon that I would want to take a cruise to see?

There must be something....scenery....national treasures....I truly do not know, so if someone wouldn't mind.......

However, no matter what is there, I doubt I want to go at this time of the year.

Thanks.

Just for fun...let me ask....What is in Astoria, Oregon that I would want to take a cruise to see?

There must be something....scenery....national treasures....I truly do not know, so if someone wouldn't mind.......

However, no matter what is there, I doubt I want to go at this time of the year.

Thanks.

It was not Mexico.. not many options i guess.. I would be pissed too

I love watching the analysis of negative posts... the investigation in to the poster's previous posting history, weather analysis, philosophical debates over whether the person had appropriate expectations. Better than an episode of CSI I tell ya. :D

Dont you know Nez? Dont you know the secret mantra(s)?

1- Any cruise is better than a day at work :rolleyes:

2- A cruise is what YOU make it :rolleyes:

3- The decor should NOT affect your senses :rolleyes:

I think you get my point.. ;)

No one on a cruise should ever have a negative thought and should get on their knees and be thankful to god above for the opportunity

:)

Thanks.

It is a itinerary diversion so to speak;)

It was not Mexico.. not many options i guess.. I would be pissed too

But, it seems that OP may have booked after the itinarary was changed. Seems like they knew where they were going....(at least thats what I get from their statement)

I guess the old saying you get what you pay for. We went due to the price and a last minute calling.

But, it seems that OP may have booked after the itinarary was changed. Seems like they knew where they were going....(at least thats what I get from their statement)

[/size][/font]

I dont know.. I didnt read it that way.. could be..

I thought he meant Carnival was cheap and his VIP friends asked him to go

No one on a cruise should ever have a negative thought and should get on their knees and be thankful to god above for the opportunity

I get your point:D:)

Let the guy vent all he wants . Is it necessary to throw your pom poms in the guys face? CCL is not for everyone and is far from perfect but the sarcasm whenever someone posts something they don't like about their carnival cruise comes out of the woodwoork loud and clear.

Pathetic

Now we'd like to disect you, Carnival Platinum Cruiser. You clearly want us to know you are a platinum member, which means you are VIP too, and want us ALL to know that.

We have no problems with venting on here, if it makes sense. You can vent if something bothers you and post it all you want. But in the same respect, we can post a response back to the poster saying whatever our little hearts desire.

Clearly in this instance there is no reason for the complaining, other than the person's attitude itself. Just look at the signature! Complaining for the sake of hearing your own voice, or in this case, reading your own words is completely pointless and a waste of time. However, we on this forum choose to waste that time reading the posts and responding.

Call us what you may, but I love that fact that CCL has so many cheerleaders, it just goes to show their following is a large one. And people like the OP wouldn't be happy with any cruise line, no matter how expensive or catering to their taste.

Now people, put your vacation hats on, you're on vacation, not in jail! Jeeze.

Oh oh a new one........4. People you're on vacation not in jail :p

Thanks.

First let me say, I would not take a cruise to Astoria.

But there are "national treasures" in the area.

For example...

Fort Clatsop, where Lewis and Clark wintered.

Battery Russell, the only spot fired upon in the continental US during WWII. Also where scenes from An Officer and a Gentleman were filmed.

The Astor Column (John Jacob Astor). I don't know if you can still climb the spiral staircase to the top, but if you can get up there, you can see for miles. Provided the weather is clear.

Also there is a beach....Fort Stevens State Park. But believe me, the water will be cold.

Not exactly what I'd want to be doing on a cruise, but there are some things to do.

the sarcasm whenever someone posts something they don't like about their carnival cruise comes out of the woodwoork loud and clear.

Was that sarcasm trock? How DARE you make light of a situation!!!!!! You must be struck down with a bolt of lightning! Mwah ha ha ha!

We loved this cruise!! And we did not see any snow in Oregon it rained but did not see the snow.

And yes there were alot of kids on board, but thought most behaved well. Did not have any problems with kids running the halls.

The food and service in the dining room were great! We did have small problem with our waitress but not a biggie. We loved the Maitre'e he sings great!!

The food in the buffet was buffet food cannot expect much.

Our Cabin attendant was one of the best we have ever had!!

Thought the ship was very clean, never seen the crew clean as much as i have on this cruise. They wiped everything down all the time.

The bar waiters and bartenders were very friendly and kind.

We loved this cruise!!

Had a great time, did not care for the chilly weather but thats not carnival's fault.

Loved the layout of the ship!!!

You hit it dead on. :D

Hi Everybody,

We too, were on this cruise. The debarkation was a mess. The gangway did break and this caused a huge back-up for debarkation. They opened up Deck 0 so the self assist folks could get off, but not all of them were able to make it. Therefore you saw most of the passengers, many with lots of luggage, crowding the stairs and elevator area. When people tried to get off the elevators, they couldn't get off for the mass of people blocking the way. I'm sure some folks missed flights adn no one was very happy, regardless of your status.

Aside from that, I don't agree with the rest of the review. I found the food and service comparable with the Panama Canal transit which we just finished in April. It did not snow in Astoria, at least at the cruise terminal or downtown. It was raining when we first got off the ship but by the time we found a bus and rode it downtown to the Maritime Museum, the rain had stopped. Astoria was a lovely little town, IMHO. The volunteers turned out in full force and were available at all the free attractions, like the theater and the Maritime Museum. The museum, which normally closes at 5 PM stayed open until 8 PM to accomodate us. They borrowed school buses from other areas to shuttle us downtown and the stores also stayed open late. I didn't make it to Fort Clatsop, established by Lewis & Clark but I understand that was interesting.

There were an estimated 500 children aboard and the only time I was aware of them "grouping" was when they were engaged in a Camp Carnival activity. There were more obvious children crying noises than on our last cruise but it was not unbearable. Children move fast, dart in front of folks and just aren't as well mannered as most adults. The price was such that it was a great opportunity to take a family cruise.

I was not real fond of the decor, especially the pink polka dots, but it's only seven days for pity sakes. Carnival has never claimed to have the upscale, classy looking ships that RCCL provides. For the price, it was a great cruise.

Archived