MSC Opera

njwill

NY McUcci - Please help me I think I must be losing my eye sight!! I have read and re-read CruiserCarols post on 17th December and cannot see the words you are "defending" - not that anyone need defend an opinion or factual eperience.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure where to start. I'm really takes me from 0 to 10 in the mentality and comments of other cc members when someone has a complaint. First of all some people seem to think that others should accept bad service, unfriendly staff manners and uncleanliness with no problem. When I cruise, unfortunately I'm not cruising for free. In many cases people are spending their hard earned money to go on vacation. They are looking for relaxation & to get away from the normal hustle & bustle of everyday life. My husband & I cruise with our kids several times a year. I work in the law enforcement field and my husband is an engineer. A few years ago we took a Carnival Cruise. Upon entering the cabin it smelled like raw sewage. My husband complained to the cabin attendant right away. The purser's office was alerted as well. The ship was sold out and by the next morning the smell got to the point of o unbearable & caused me the feel nauseaed. The cabin attendant, Kujo tried everything to eliminate the odor. Maintenance was called but no change. My husband and I expressed our disappointment to the appropriate management staff. The only option extended to us was to get off at the next port and we would be issued a reimbursement for the balance of the cruise. We were livid!! We just wanted to relax, have fun, & enjoy our vacation like everybody else. It was not our fault the cruiseline had sewage issues. We brought their product (a fun ship vacation), which put vacation was far from fun. We end up staying out on the decks late at night to avoid the odor in our cabin. But guess what, they gave less that a you know what. Because the bottom line is that for every 100 people that have a problem 5,000 will continue to patronize them. Nothing will change the bad service customers receive from cruiselines, airlines & retail stores until it affects the profits, then the focus will change to how can we best serve our loyal customers and treat them as valuable commodities. You can't please everybody. I'm not referring to the customers who don't like the layout of the ship or complains that the coffee was too strong. That's different. Customers have the right to the best service available. Irate customer behavior in airports will not be tolerated. You hear this all the time. But someone has the story backwards, it should be that this airline have zero tolerance for rude & unfriendly employees, who failed to properly serve and respect our valuable paying customers. Because our service, it's not free & they shouldn't have to pay for bad service.

Has anyone been on the Opera within the past few weeks and care to comment? confused.gif

My booking is for Feb. 12 and would like to know how the "improvements" are coming along. Let me say this about my expectations. rolleyes.gif

My wife and I have sailed on "foreign" cruise lines before and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. But then, we go expecting a foreign experience, not an American one. When we travel anywhere outside the US, we enjoy the people, the food and customs of the country that I'm in. If I had to have scrambled Eggs, Hash browns and Grits for breakfast, I would be sailing on an "all American" vessel like maybe the US Lines, but that's a story for another time and place.

I'm not sure how "good" or "bad" of an experience I will have. I do notice from reading posts on different cruise lines, that different people can be on the same ship at the same time & have completely different attitudes about it.

I personally, look forward to experiencing anything new. Every country has its own unique customs and habits and things, and I enjoy meeting new people from all over and learning what makes them different. That's what makes life interesting!

Hi Manualwriter: We are also on the Feb 12th cruise. We were supposed to be on the Jan 15 sailing, but it was overbooked. They gave us a choice of a balcony cabin or back to back cruises for the same price. It actually worked out well for me, because my boss actually needed me at work next week, so we took the balcony cabin. I am a happy camper! We are going with another couple, so there will be 6 cc members at least. Is anybody else going?

Hate to wait another month, but I guess it will give us more time to get organized. We were displaced by two of the hurricanes that hit Florida last summer, so it is taking a little longer to get our cruise clothes together. Keep in touch, maybe we meet for a sail away drink or something.

Norway '82

Bermuda Star '85

Premier '86

Meridian '88

Princess'91

Zaandam '01

Norway '01

Regal Empress '02

Costa Mediterranea '03

MSC Opera Feb 12, 03

Hi to the cruisers on MSC Opera on Feb 12.

We are also on this cruise. Coming from the great state of Maine. Anything would be better than staying here in the ice and snow!

We have friends that are travel agents who are going to meet with us this cruise, also. They were on the MSC Opera in December for the inaugural cruise. They did mention that MSC needed to fine tune many areas!

They are going again, to see if any changes have occurred since the last cruise. We are excited, hope not to be too disappointed. Will give it a try. Also the more people you know on a cruise, the more fun it will be!!

keep in touch. We can meet on the ship and compare, together

Sincerely

Michael and Cindy

Hi Michael and Cindy:

Well we are up to 8 CC members going on the cruise. Sounds like the start of a party to me. Maybe a "meet and mingle?"

I am happy to see that the little things are being ironed out on the Opera. Maybe, by the time we sail, she'll be "perfect!" Actually it doesn't really matter. I have yet to meet a cruise ship I didn't like. We always manage to have a great time.

It will be great for you just getting out of that northern weather, I am sure. We always looked forward to a winter cruise. It really broke up the winter. It has been warm and sunny here (FL). Look forward to meeting with you.

Anyone else out there want to join up with us?

Joan & Jim

Hi there Michael and Cindy, Joan & Jim, and Kim,

Looking forward to the cruise and a chance of meeting you all.

I will post a "roll call" on the MSC Italian Cruises board to see if everyone

that is sailing on Feb. 12th on the Opera will write and maybe we call all meet up.

I've never been on a cruise I didn't like, just some were better then others!

Sincerely,

Don & Georgann

(manualwriter)

Add Judy and Bob to the "reunion"! We are boarding 6 Feb in Key West (I hope - can't get MSC to return an email or call) as have a son getting married on the 5th. We are also booked on the 12th for the eastern cruise, so get to stay on board (I hope) although a downgrade to an inside room from a balcony.

Any one know how to get MSC to answer an email or return a phone call?

Have been following the reviews for some time now and it appears the Operea is getting more "westernized" with time, food getting better, and english is becoming a second language to crew. Lets hope it's a grand experience....

Bob and Judy (trainracer)

Add Judy and Bob to the "reunion"! We are boarding 6 Feb in Key West (I hope - can't get MSC to return an email or call) as have a son getting married on the 5th. We are also booked on the 12th for the eastern cruise, so get to stay on board (I hope) although a downgrade to an inside room from a balcony.

Any one know how to get MSC to answer an email or return a phone call?

Have been following the reviews for some time now and it appears the Operea is getting more "westernized" with time, food getting better, and english is becoming a second language to crew. Lets hope it's a grand experience....

Bob and Judy (trainracer)

Hello Bob and Judy,

We (Mike and Kristen) will also be on the February 5th cruise. Wish I could do the back to back. Try having your travel agent call in, it is my understanding that they know all the back phone numbers for the cruiselines. Best wishes with the wedding. Hope to meet you on board. Keep in touch via the board.

ps. I also had a hard time getting thru so I called a friend that is a travel agent and she was able to get my call right thru.

Take care, Kristen

Archived