Favorite Water Shoes

isk8

Hello! Do any of you have a favorite brand of water shoe for you and/or your kids? I'm looking at the water shoes that One Step Ahead has for my son. TIA!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/MeshWaterShoes~197855_1055.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_00008__0000000356&origin=index

My kids have been wearing these for years and they're great. You can often get them on sale in the Overstocks section as well. They can be used as water shoes, or as just a lightweight summer running shoe as well.

Thanks for the feedback! I was actually just looking at the Land's End shoes!

I should have mentioned that many of our friends' kids wear the Lands End water shoes as well. The last time there was a good sale on them (they often go down to $15 after the summer is over, and even less for the toddler sizes) we got together and ordered about 7 pairs. My friend with the youngest two children never has to buy her children water shoes as we pass them down to her.

Okay I'm having a hard time trying to decide if I need to get my kids water shoes for our 3 kids (8,7, & 3yo) for our trip. I had planned on them wearing their crocs. We are going to be on the beach at Labadee and Passion Island. We will also be visiting the Turtle Farm and of course around the pools on the ship. Do you think the crocs willl be okay or should I buy them water shoes?:confused:

Crocs have their advantages over watershoes--they dry almost instantly, and are quicker to get on and off. However, I prefer the stability of water shoes, which are more like running shoes. Also, you can swim in the water shoes, whereas I think Crocs would be more likely to come off (this only matters at the beach). My boys are very active and I don't think Crocs would be suitable for them.

Crocs are a great shoe for many things (I wear a pair around my house all day:)), but for active kids I don't think they are the best choice if you will be visiting beaches. For on-deck and around the pool where the kids will swim barefoot anyhow, Crocs might be okay.

As a side note, Crocs are banned at my childrens' school. The staff were seeing too many foot and ankle injuries among children wearing Crocs (and then running around at recess).

Archived