RCCL Outdoor Adventure Experience PV - bathrooms?

firstimer2

I know there have been many posts about the canopy tours in PV. I was wondering if anyone had been on this specific tour with RCCL that uses a boat, mules, ziplines and repelling and lasts for 6 1/2 hours.

I specifically want to know if there will be any bathrooms. Is this the same tour as listed on http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/outdoor-challange/index.html.

Also, will contact lenses be a problem?

The cruise ship price is so much more than the vallarta adventures, but I want to make sure the ship doesn't leave us in PV!!

Thanks for any help. I am also going to post this in RCCL boards.

I know there have been many posts about the canopy tours in PV. I was wondering if anyone had been on this specific tour with RCCL that uses a boat, mules, ziplines and repelling and lasts for 6 1/2 hours.

I specifically want to know if there will be any bathrooms. Is this the same tour as listed on http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/outdoor-challange/index.html.

Also, will contact lenses be a problem?

The cruise ship price is so much more than the vallarta adventures, but I want to make sure the ship doesn't leave us in PV!!

Thanks for any help. I am also going to post this in RCCL boards.

I haven't taken this excursion yet so I can't give you a first hand report on bathrooms. I would suggest you contact the tour operator directly to get answers to your specific questions. The link you posted above is will have contact information.

Vallarta Adventures is the excursion operator. The cruise industry contracts with Vallarta Adventures for a number of excursions. Under the terms of the contract, Vallarta Adventures cannot directly sell excursions to cruisers if the ship they arrive on also sells that same excursion (ie: undercut the ship’s price). For years, independent tour brokers have sold those same tickets at a substantial savings. Rumor has it that they are also following Vallarta Adventures lead and will not sell those tours to cruisers if the ship they arrive on also sells that same excursion. If you attempt to book any Vallarta Adventures excursion independently, and identify yourself as coming on a cruise ship, be prepared to be told that all the slots have been reserved through the cruise ship and you must make your purchase through them. Not exactly true as resort/hotel guests will be able to book the same excursion at standard internet rates and will sit side-by-side with cruise ship passengers that pay and inflated rate.

My family books three or four excursions every year with Vallarta Adventures. They have a first class operation. It's too bad the cruise ships pad the price as much as they do.

There is another very active thread concerning this excursion. It's already three pages long and may be able to address your concerns.{which I see you have already found}

Enjoy!

I did the exact tour but with NCL. After the boat ride, we landed on the beach where we had to wait for the 4x4's. At this location there were some portapotties. The next washroom is at the main camp. The facilities are nice and clean. This is your last chance before you put on all the zipline gear. After you finish with the donkey ride, ziplining, rapelling and return to the main camp, you can again use the washroom here and also at the beach.

Archived