Do you cruise during School Breaks?

Do you cruise during school breaks?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Do you cruise during school breaks?

• No way - too many children and college kids!
    • Only if the price is really good/preferred cabin is available
    • Sure - you can barely notice the kids on board a huge ship
    • I have no choice - I cruise with my kids

Kids, old folks, students, I'm not prejudiced!

I hate everyone equally!!!:D

Just kidding!!!

But If you are the sort who craves solitude, I would guess a cruise liner full of people is not the place for you. Try a raft.

I just have one question about all this talk about spring break cruises. I'm a college student myself and our spring break this year was mid March. I had friends at other universities who had break either the week before or the week after me. My brother, who's in high school, didn't have his break until April (week of Easter). So when we're talking about spring break, which week exactly is that? Or is it the entire month of March/April?

You are right, college spring break is generally 3 or 4 weeks prior to elementary school breaks based on the U.S. region. Some people are referring to college kids while some are referring to the latter. I personally have not had any experiences with college kids because we cruise during elementary breaks in spring & summer when college kids are already back in school. However, teenagers on our RCCL cruise...:eek::eek::eek:!!!!!

We had a terrible experience with them on the Legend. All week (day & night) teens were congregating and running in the hallway, banging on doors, slamming doors, playing in the elevators (very annoying for seniors who need these for their scooters), in the adults only solarium, breaking curfew,.....you name it. Our only saving grace was the cruise was port intensive so we were off the ship 4 of the 7 days.

I cruise with a teenager so we are limited to spring break and summer (X-mas is not an option due to the incredibly high prices). On the flip side, I have found that most kids are back in school the week of Labor Day so we typically cruise during this week. Yet I do believe the itinerary also makes the difference. I don't expect there to be as many kids on our Alaska cruise as it was on the Caribbean.

Well, I don't have kids yet but I'm a teacher so I have to travel during this time because it is my vacation time as well. I personally have never had a problem with it. It doesn't seem like there are a million kids onboard at all.

I am trying to see if I have a pre-conceived notion of cruising during spring break, or winter break. The cruises always seem to be cheaper, but I'm so afraid of annoying, rowdy, obnoxious behavior! I'm only in my early thirties and my bf in his late twenties, but I know enough college friends to imagine..... Also, we have no kids - I realize there will be kids aboard, but is it a deal breaker for you?

I voted that I only cruise then, but that is because I teach and don't have a choice. I'm not sure where you got info that the prices are lower, but my experience is that they have been noticeably higher during breaks! As for the kids on board - we were on Voyager over spring break, and honestly, I didn't really notice them that much.

We sailed on our first cruise with our kids just before the US spring break this year - we are from the UK - we were on Explorer and there were 55 kids on board it was heaven - I know that as we were getting off there were 1300 kids getting on!

We are thinking about taking another cruise next year and we would definitely avoid school holidays!

Archived