Ok, what am I forgetting?

NHcopwife

My husband and I are going on our first cruise Monday with RCC. I am trying to tie up last minute things to get ready to go.

I have called our credit card company to let them know.

I called our cell company to see about international roaming...but I guess it is hit or miss if we have coverage (and we pay huge fees to use our cell phones). I need to be able to call home though to check on our two boys (staying with Grandparents). Should I purchase an international calling card to use at the different ports on pay phones instead? Any suggestions? Our boys are young - 1 and 3 so I need to be able to call briefly each day to check on them.

I have done the online boarding, have passports, and will print out our SW airline boarding passes Sunday am.

Am I forgetting anything?

Any last minute suggestions on what to bring? I am really trying NOT to over pack.

Thanks!

Definitely purchase calling cards in port. Depending on where you are going (you didn't say?), some cards can be used in many different locations. Do not use your cell phone! I have done this many times in Europe, the Caribbean, etc. Also, calling centers can be quite reasonable also and there are usually many near the port. If you see an internet cafe, chances are they will have long distance calling as well. As for the packing? I don't know where you're going!!!!! LOL!

Definitely purchase calling cards in port. Depending on where you are going (you didn't say?), some cards can be used in many different locations. Do not use your cell phone! I have done this many times in Europe, the Caribbean, etc. Also, calling centers can be quite reasonable also and there are usually many near the port. If you see an internet cafe, chances are they will have long distance calling as well. As for the packing? I don't know where you're going!!!!! LOL!

Sorry, we are going to Key West, Cozumel and Belize.

I will look into a calling card, thanks!

Sorry, we are going to Key West, Cozumel and Belize.

I will look into a calling card, thanks!

Check with crew members on your ship. They will know the best places in each port to get calling cards at reasonable rates...

Check with you're cell phone company, we were able to text our kids at home for 35 cents per text. It wasn't the same as hearing their voices but we were able to check in as often as we wanted and we knew they could get ahold of us also. This was just last year when we went to Cozumel.

Just a tip - put all of your packed suitcases (checked and carry-on) at the front door the night before you leave. We once left for a cruise and realized that all of our formal clothes were still hanging behind a closet door 3,000 miles away. Thank goodness we always get to port a day before we sail - it was "speed shopping" for us!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

My cell phone company(the V-zone ) will loan me a cell phone that works in Europe. I go pick it up and I can keep it for 30-days. They disable my own phone until I bring it back and when I turn it in, my cell phone service works on my regular phone again. No charge for this service. I may pay for roaming there, but the phone will work.

My husband and I are going on our first cruise Monday with RCC. I am trying to tie up last minute things to get ready to go.

I have called our credit card company to let them know.

I called our cell company to see about international roaming...but I guess it is hit or miss if we have coverage (and we pay huge fees to use our cell phones). I need to be able to call home though to check on our two boys (staying with Grandparents). Should I purchase an international calling card to use at the different ports on pay phones instead? Any suggestions? Our boys are young - 1 and 3 so I need to be able to call briefly each day to check on them.

I have done the online boarding, have passports, and will print out our SW airline boarding passes Sunday am.

Am I forgetting anything?

Any last minute suggestions on what to bring? I am really trying NOT to over pack.

Thanks!

Check the rates of your cell phone carrier. Do Not call from your cell on the ship, text only. I also get my voicemail turned off before we leave and get it turned back on when we get home (voice message will also cost alot). I have called from the islands, just keep it short and sweet if your rates are alot.

Archived