Scuba in Nassau

khut

Anyone ever done a scuba trip in Nassau? Will be ther in August on the Carnival Glory.....

anyone taken Carnival's dive excursion there? Used a local company?

How "good" is the diving there?

The diving in Nassau can be pretty good, especially the Shark encounters.The best diving is on the other side of New Providence from Nassau, about a 30-45 minute ride.I highly recommend Stuart Cove's. Stuart and Michelle are really nice people and run a good operation. I did the Shark Awareness Specialty Program last November and really enjoyed it.

There are some decent sites near Nassau if time does not permit going elsewhere.Beware of Bahama Divers--they are a bunch of idiots and not safe in my opinion.To really enjoy a port stop in Nassau, you have to get out of downtown and go explore.The reefs, walls, wrecks, and Sharks make for great diving and snorkeling.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update...the recommended Stuart's Cove shop..Bahama Divers....yeah....not so much. The gear was terrible...I never had to clear my mask so often, and my friend's regulator got flooded somehow with salt water. The masks leaked terribly. Also, we had reservations, but they sure would let you peruse the shop and never tell you the boat was leaving. I was very disappointed they didn't go to the dive site they advertised. Weather was perfect, but apparently they group snorkelers, first time divers, and certified divers in the same group...eww NEVER again.

Archived